Chapter 9: hmm...neat.

Recap: "a few months, but your not alone, Audrey. I'm here, Morena's here, we're all here for you,you know that right?"
"Ryan"
"Yes?"
"I love you.
This shocked Ryan.
Although he also loved her, he didn't know why.
"Audrey...I-"
"Just let me finish, Ryan. I fell in love with you in high school, and I never had the courage to tell you. You were my world, but when I figured out you were with Blake, my heart just got crushed. Then she cheats on you and suddenly there's someone els-"
"No, you got it all wrong...Audrey I love you too. And yes there is someone else, but that someone else is YOU."
Audrey started tearing up, she tried to hold the tears back but she couldn't, she just let them fall.
"Hey...don't cry baby"
"D-Do your R-Really L-Love me?"
"With all my heart, baby."
He slowly leaned in to kiss her, Audrey couldn't believe this was happening, as she closed her eyes and waited for the kiss...
Beep,beep,beep
Audrey's alarm rang.
"AHHHH!!!"
She yelled.
"Oh my god...RYAN YOU AWAKE??!"
"Right here, babydoll!"
He said.
Audrey's POV:
As I got up to take my red jacket I ran downstairs and met Ryan.
"Hey gorgeous, how are you holding up?"
"Fine...fine. Ryan what happened last night?"
"Oh after Tim fired you, i helped you take your stuff to your car, you left I stayed. I came back and found you on the floor, you must've passed out or something. Anyway, I took you to bed and cheeked If you had a fever, well, you didn't. And then I went to bed, now we're here. Why?"
I don't have cancer?
I didn't confess my love to Ryan??!
"Oh um...I-I just had a dream, it...felt so real though,"
"How about you tell me your dream while we're having breakfast?"
He asked.
I nodded and sat in the table, waiting for him to bring breakfast, I was gonna help him, but he insisted I sat down.
"So, what's this dream of yours?"
"Well,"
I started.
"You came home and I was on the floor, you took me to the hospital and figured out that I had lung cancer, you banged on the wall and morena was there, she was with you but she didn't come to the hospital room,"
I wanted to say the rest, but I shouldn't.
"And that's about it"
I lied.
He looked At me like I was mentally ill.
"That's not it"
.....
"What?"
"That's not it, that's not the full story"
"What are you talking about Ryan?"
"Audrey, I know your lying face girl, don't even try it. What happened next?"
I paused.
He was gonna bug me about this all day.
Should I say it?
Should I?
What if he thinks I really mean it?
But I DO mean it...
I'm gonna say it,
Here goes nothing..,
"I told you that I loved you."
He looked at me, and didn't talk.
For quite some time.
"Hmm...neat."
Was all he said.
"Yeah..."
I said awkwardly as I started eating.
We were quiet the whole meal...
Litterally, the whole meal.

Authors note:
Hey guys!!!! Hahahaha did you expect it to be a dream?
Thank you lord she doesn't have cancer! So the confession was also apart of the dream...do u think she'll ever confess? Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think! Thank you so much for your time! Lots of love❤️