Chapter I: It All Came Crashing Down...

~One Month After the Final Battle - Dixie~

I don't know how this could have happened... Who or what is doing this to us? Why is the military chasing us down? We didn't do anything! Banjo, I wish I had the answers myself, but for now, all we can do is go on the run and escape their pursuit for as long as we can. We haven't slept, bathed, or seen any family or friends in 3 weeks. We're tired, smelly, and paranoid; we just want to be in the arms of our loved ones. But until we uncover the truth, we must continue to suffer in the shadows. Whoever has done this to us, I will make sure that they suffer a fate worse than death itself. All I ask of you is for your assistance. I know you haven't fully recovered yet, but I hope that you can use your power as Lord to somehow help us in our time of need. Thank you Mom and I love you so much, Dixie.

"Are you going to send that to Fubukiopolis Dixie?", Banjo asked me, wearing a now, tattered black hoodie.

"Yeah, I am. I hope that the officials at Fubukiopolis can somehow clear our names of this injustice...", I said, looking down at the black hoodie that I have been forced to don to conceal my identity. "Banjo, I don't know what's happening, but I promise you, I will get things back to normal, I swear it! I just hope that the millitary doesn't kill us in before then......" 

Suddenly, we heard the familiar blaring of Onikawa Military horns; as soon as they began creeping closer, we took off running. I was heavily panting and in pain; for the past few days, I had been cramping up really bad and all this activity wasn't helping me any. In my mind, I tried to replay all the events that happened so I could find out exactly where everything went wrong....

~3 Weeks Earlier...~

Banjo and I were doing the daily surveys through the capitol, assessing the damages from Akitoki's last attack on our soil. The countryside was heavily damaged and there was quite a few people displaced as their homes were destroyed in the crossfire, but it was all quite fixable. Lord Akiro Onikawa was busy signing bills and regulating the reconstruction funds while my mom, Lady Kanu Shiryu, was still recuperating from her serious injuries suffered when fighting Akitoki. She hadn't been working because of it, so Aunt Ryubi had to act in her place.

"Alright sir, I think everything here is in fine living and working condition, so you don't have to worry about it anymore okay?", Banjo told the man whose home we were surveying. He was worried that there was structural damage, so he called us out to check things out. "You and your family have a wonderful day now!"

"I'm surprised that you are able to still do such physical labor with your hands all bandaged up like that love", I said to him as I flashed him a loving smile.

"Well I can say the same thing to you baby. Your hands were damaged just as bad as mine are, you know."

Both of us seriously hurt out hands during the fight against Akitoki after using the Final Chaos Blaster. I didn't expect that attack to do that much damage to us. We continued our surveying of the city when suddenly we saw a military convoy rolling through the streets. We both wondered why the military would be so active during peace time, but we ignored it and carried on with our work. About 10 minutes later, heavily armored and armed soldiers approached us with people staring at the scene.

~Begin the music now!~

"Dixie Shiryu, Blue Onikawa, we are with the Onikawan National Defense Force", one of the more heavily armed soldiers said to us. "We meet with you today with a warrant for both of your arrests."

"What?!? This must be some kind of mistake! We haven't done anything to have warrants called out for us to be put behind bars!", Banjo snapped, a look of pure anger covered his face.

"We would never do anything to betray the sacred trust between the Lord and his people, for we are civil servants of His Lord and Majesty Akiro Onikawa and I am the daughter of Her Lord and Majesty, Kanuha Shiryu", I said, worried as all hell as the words staggered out of my mouth.

"We have eyewitness reports that someone who looked like the both of you murdered 3 people in cold blood... Now I don't know about you Miss Dixie, but I know that Banjo has two twin brothers and neither of them look like him, so I have to go by what I was told by the witnesses and arrest you for 3 counts of first degree murder."

"Sorry guys, but neither me nor my lovely girlfriend here would look good in prison orange so if you don't mind, we're gonna get outta here now...."

"Oh no you don't!", one of the soldiers said as they grabbed onto me and Banjo's arms. "The only place you two are going is Lockdown Alley, where you'll be spending the rest of your days!"

Banjo punched the guy in the face, then kicked the one holding onto me; he carried me in his arms and took off at supersonic speeds. He stopped running when we go to the Lord's Mansion but when we got there, it was swarming with police and military personnel.

"Banjo... I'm getting kind of scared. Who would actually try to frame us like this???"

"I don't know Dixie, but what I do know is that whoever is doing this is going to pay big time! But first, we have to get into the mansion to recover our gear; namely, my armband, your sword and shield, and something to cover our faces."

"Banjo... I got it! We can use the Chaos Sphere to tunnel our way under the mansion to recover our gear! I think I'll be the one to go inside. Stay here okay?"

I used the Chaos Sphere to burrow my way underground; it was so dark but I had to keep moving. It felt like forever as I navigated my way underneath the earth; finally I entered inside Banjo's room. I looked through the closet and found his special armband. As I prepared to open the door, I heard sounds of shouting ringing throughout the halls. I cracked the door and saw Lord Akiro yelling at the top of his lungs at the soldiers for ignoring a direct order from their Commander-in-Chief and how they shouldn't be fooled into thinking Banjo and myself are at fault.Suddenly, one of them spotted me! I took off running for my room where my stuff was; I shoved it all in a backpack and attempted to run again, but they caught me and dragged me outside. I was dismayed to find out that they had caught Banjo too; they threw us in the back of a military truck and carted us away, ignoring our pleas of innocence. When we got to the facility, they forced us at gunpoint to board a helicopter that would take us to Lockdown Alley, an island in the middle of the ocean that is inescapable. We got on and after a few preparations, we flew into the air.

"Baby, I'm scared... what are we gonna do Banjo? We have never in our lives been in a situation this tough! I know we have taken out the Akitoki military many times and beat Hana and Akitoki multiple times, but we've never had to deal with this kind of thing!"

"I got an idea Dixie, just follow my lead!", Banjo said with his famous smirk; that kind of smirk that only appears on his face when he has a masterpiece of a plan. I nodded my head and waited for him to make his move.

"Lockdown, this is Sigma-Gamma 20 flying over the city. We're on route, everything's a go. Wait, hold on! The bear and girl are gone! They've taken out everyone aboard and have disappeared! What in the world?!?"

Banjo and I had ambushed everyone aboard and were prepping to jump out of the chopper. I couldn't believe it; THIS was his brilliant master plan?!? Even I thought he was crazy and he's my boyfriend!

"Sorry about all that, but it's totally boring on here! No food or movies? We're outta here! We definitely like running better!"

We ripped off a piece of the helicopter and tumbled down to the busy city streets below, hoping and praying that this nightmare would come to an end soon....