Chapter X: Meeting Of The Dark Side

~In the Central Engine Room of the Sigma, Tressa~

"I'm pleased that the two of you were able to join us aboard the Sigma. Were there any difficulties in getting here?", Shadow began speaking in a light, nearly feathery tone.

"No, there were none at all, my dear Shadow", Akitoki replied in an equally light tone; I could sense that they had some sort of mutual respect forming for each other.

"Enough of these idiotic plesantries! can we please get to the point of you two dragging us all the way out here to space?!?", the woman named Hana screeched out. "I would much rather be on Earth planning a party for the utter destruction of that bitch Dixie Shiryu. I believe you both were too soft on the Wonder Duo; you should have killed them both!"

"Stop your complaining woman. We did what we had to do and with Tressa's Hoshikage Magatama no Shiryu, there was no need to kill them; the girl's mind is stuck in eternal limbo. There is no way that she could ever recover from that. She will never bother anyone ever again in her condition."

"Enough of this back and forth bickering....", I said, finally interjecting in this asinine conversation. "Now for the reason we summoned you both here. Gaze into the reflection of the ultimate weapon, the very object you have been searching for that will fufill your goal of giving absolute power and dominance back to the Akitoki Clan!"

Shadow and I moved to the side to reveal a golden ornamented pedastal that housed a black tinted mirror on top of it; it shimmered with a malevolent glow, as if imbuted with the powers of darkness itself.

"What the...? You made us come to this dusty junk heap in space for a damn mirror?!? How dare the both of you waste our time like this!", Hana moaned in disapproval.

"Quiet Hana! Allow the both of them to explain their actions. I'm very sure they have a excellent reason for showing us this", Akitoki calmly stated. "And my curiosity has been aroused with them saying it will give us back control of the world from those Onikawan peasants. Please explain this to me Tressa Shiryu."

"This is the ultimate weapon the Earth has ever seen. This is the Darkened Mirror, the greatest invention of Ahika and Torhu Akitoki, our creators, our... parents. It is imbuted with many complex powers, but I will explain them all later. As you can both see, there are 8 spherical slots around the mirror; the main power we will be using from the mirror is the abillity to destroy the stars themselves!"

"Muwahahaha! So we can use the power of the mirror as a bargaining chip to force the Onikawa and the Shiryu to surrender all power to us! This is an excellent plan!"

"Not so fast Akihito", Shadow interrupted. "As of this moment, the Darkened Mirror is useless to us, for it needs the power of the 8 Phases of the Ancient Warlord, Hojo Onikawa. Without that power, the mirror is rendered nothing more than a beauty device."

"So let me try to get this straight...", Hana said, holding her head in obvious confusion. "In order to make this damn thing work, we have to steal the powers of that damn Dixie and her friends?"

"Exactly! We must seek out all 8 of the Phases and once we take a sample of their powers, we can then use the Darkened Mirror to rule the world!" I said, pointing at Hana intently.

"This is incredible news! I love this plan that the two of you came up with! This was well worth the trip and then some! Tell us Darkness Twins, what shall we do to power the mirror?"

Shadow and myself pulled out a blue and green orb, respectively; Shadow shot Akitoki and Hana a grisly grin as we threw the orbs inside two of the slots on the mirror, and it began to glow in a mix of blue and green. I stared at the mirror, enthralled at its beautifully destructive glow. Finally, I will able to gain the power to pass judgement on humanity justly after all these years....

"What were those orbs that you just tossed into the mirror? Why were they glowing those colors?", Hana asked, confused as usual.

"They were the Phase Power of the bear and girl we defeated a week ago. While we fought them, we absorbed a bit of their power as they launched their pathetic attacks at us. That girl was so very entertaining... I almost wish I hadn't used my Hoshikage on her; at least then, I would've been able to keep her alive as a form of stress relief...", I said, turning around at a breakneck speed.

"Wait Akihito, didn't you have the power to absorb powers and abillities when you attacked the Isshin Region a few weeks ago?"

"Unfortunately, I used up all that power in my fights against Kanu and her daughter. I may still be able to do it if I had one of them to take power from...."

"If you mean the little Guardian boy, I think I can help you there. I... tangled with him a little in the past. I can get his Phase Power for you to power the mirror", a mysterious voice called out from the rafters above. A girl then glided down from above and gracefully landed on the soles of her feet. "I'm Yomi Ashitoki, world's greatest treasure hunter, but you can just call me Yomi."

"You! You were the one who was on that floating island when I tried taking that medallion! What are you doing here? HOW did you get here?"

"The why I'm here is simple: I'm here to offer my services to all of you, if you are willing to accept it. The how I got here... You shouldn't worry about that right now. What you should worry about is that with the five of us, the world has no chance to stop us with their greatest heroes in jail!"

"I like your style Yomi... You may join us, but you must do everything that I say, understood?", Akitoki told the girl.

"As you wish my Lord. Your orders are my bond. As such, I have information that the people you are looking for are headed for Lockdown Alley as we speak. We just might be able to stop them and tkae what we need from them."

"Right, thank you for the timely information Yomi! Tomorrow, we will head out to Lockdown Alley and ambush the Onikawa vermin and at the same time, we will launch a precision strike against the military. Rest up everyone and prepare for we only get one shot at this!"

Everyone left the chamber except for Shadow and myself; I turned around and looked at the Darkened Mirror as I stretched my arm out to touch it.

"Tressa, are you sure that using the powers of the Darkened Mirror is the right thing to do? I don't really feel right going about things like this."

"There is no other way Shadow! You know that! Don't question the plan! This will work... I know it will. The Darkened Mirror carries all of our masters' hopes and dreams, and we will fufill them by any means nesessary!"

Shadow shook his head and left me in the chamber all by myself with the Darkened Mirror. I never understood why Shadow was so soft... If I have to sever my bond with him to do this... I will!