Part 10

Part 10

Peace. That was what I should've felt when I said good bye to Severon. But I was feeling more vulnerable than ever; which was strange considering that amount of fear the man instilled in me. I tried to act like his horrific displays of violence and bloodshed didn't affect me, but on the inside, I was quivering with ice cold terror. And now, when I told him I wanted nothing to do with him, I was feeling exposed.

You know what you need, a therapist. People don't miss criminals unless they're not right in the head. You need to get checked out.

I entered my bedroom and ran my eyes over my teddy bear family. My heart sank when I did not feel the usual warmth of safety when seeing my teddy bears, and I knew that it was all Severon's fault. The evil man did something to me, that was why I did not feel safe with my teddy bears around.

Yes. He did something to you. He gave you a reality check. He made you realize how your stuffed animals are not going to save you.

He even turned my subconscious against me. Severon really was on the dark side, and he knew how to manipulate people's minds. And I was too late to save my mind from his magic. Maybe I should eat candy, that always helped bring my mind on track.

And who do you think would keep a candy store open for you at two in the morning?

I wasn't sure whether to bang my head or against the wall or shoot Severon between the eyes. Why did he even bother with me? Couldn't he be happy with that friend of his, whatever his name was?

Well maybe if you haven't been playing Hero, Severon would not have bothered with you.

Begrudgingly, I agreed with my subconscious. If I hadn't gone back to save Maril, I wouldn't be in this place. Oh no, Maril! I had to save my sister. I heaved a dejected sigh. I was so stupid. I said good bye to Severon when I could've used him to tell me how on this colorful but dirty Earth was I supposed to save Maril.

With another audible sigh, I flopped down on the bed. I had to get my life back on track and had to save to Maril as soon as possible. God knew what Severon's equally evil twin would be doing to my sister. If only somebody would get me a real gun, then I wouldn't feel so unsafe.

After staring at the boring, white ceiling for a while, I decided to get ready for bed. Quickly changing into my pajamas, I got into bed and pulled my comforter over me. Normally I would've grabbed a bunch of teddy bears and placed them around me like a boundary, but today, I just didn't think that my bears would be able to protect me if trouble came knocking at the door. I hated feeling this way, but right now, I was powerless to change how I feel, just like I was powerless to save my twin.

Sleep chose to desert me. My stupid mind kept flashing Severon's handsome face like a beam in a lighthouse. I was not missing him, the man did not deserve to occupy my thoughts, and yet, that was exactly what he was doing. He had so much power; he owned Italy; and right now, he possessed my mind.

Shifting to my side, I picked up my phone from the nightstand and checked it to see if Bibiana called me, but just like always, there was nothing. Trying to filter my mind of Severon, I begun scrolling through my call log to see how long it had been since I last talked to anyone, only to stop short when I saw that I had recently talked to someone with an unknown number. This time, I scrolled through my memories, trying to remember who had I talked to; and when the answer came to me, my heart started pounding. It was Severon. I talked to Severon. He called me at night telling me to sleep and whatnot.

I had Severon's number!

Before my mind could make another snarky comment, I hurriedly added Severon's number to my contact list with the title Mafia Candy Killer. Smiling to myself, I decided to play a game when my phone started ringing. The sudden ringing took me by surprise, making me powerless to stop my phone from falling on my face.