Part 30

Part 30

Without thinking about Severin or that ridiculous nurse who was wearing the signature but incredibly boring white uniform, I jogged over to the bed in which Severon laid. Right now, all I wanted to do was hug him and ask him who was the culprit.

"Dragonfly, I knew you would've arrived by now. How are you? Did you arrive safely?" Severon asked as soon as I crawled up in his bed with him.

"Forget about me. What happened to you? Why weren't you there when I came? Where were you? You told Renzo to bring me to Italy and you yourself was not there, do you know how rude that is, Mister?!" I scolded him.

"Hey, calm down. Come here." Severon pulled me over to him, his hand on my raw back nearly making me scream out loud. I wanted to tell him that his brother gave me a very warm welcome. I wanted to tell him how Severin hurt me, how my back was on fire right now. But I kept my mouth shut. Simply because I knew Severon was not well, and I did not want to cause problems for him. I did not know what it felt like to be shot, but I knew it was not good.

"You arrived safely? There was no problem during the flight?" Severon enquired, still hugging me to him, kissing my forehead.

I nodded in the best way that I could, which was slightly weird since my face was squished between Severon's hand and his chest. "Yes, the flight was great, except for Adone and his snide remarks. I wonder why he hates me so much. Do you know why he hates me so much?" If the evil twin hadn't told me to keep my mouth shut, I would've asked Severon why his brother hated me so much. Men were evil!

"Adone...doesn't hate you, per se. Maybe you should ask him yourself." Severon smiled at me, a smile which had my heart exploding in fireworks.

"I will if he ever decides to be in presence for two minutes," I grumbled, shaking my head.

Glancing to the side, I saw Severin coming forward until he was standing at the foot of the bed. Without sparing me a glance, Severin looked at his twin and I could see the silent messages passing between them, messages I really wanted to be privy to.

"Grazie per aver portato lei a me," Severon said to his brother. (Thank you for bringing her to me)

"Qualsiasi cosa per te," Severin replied, his eyes softening as he gazed at his brother. (Anything for you)

I eyed Severin until he looked at me. Instantly he narrowed his eyes telling me that I should be careful. I mirrored his expression in response, because I was pissed at him for doing what he did. And I was not going to forgive him.

"What are you two talking about?" I asked the brother who was holding me right now, causing excruciating pain to my back; but I would not complain. Severon was not well, no one and nothing should stress him out. I still needed to know who the culprit was, then I would deal with them personally.

"Nothing sweetie. You tell me, did Severin give you a nice welcome when you arrvied?" Severon enquired. An involuntary scream ripped through me at his touch. Concern flashed in those gold irises, causing me to curse myself.

Fuck my pepperoni, that hurt, but I could not let Severon know.

"Yes. Severin was so good to me," I lied, shooting a secret glance along with a fake smile at the man who was the cause of the burning agony in my back. He looked at his brother, totally ignoring me.

Severon looked between Severin and I, confusion marring his forehead in the form of a frown. "Is there something going on between you two? Something I should know, perhaps?"

"No, of course not."

"No."

Severin and I said in unison. Sugar biscuits! This was not going well. I needed to steer the conversation away from Severin and I and back to Severon. If this continues, Severon would find out what happened and it would not be good. He was still not well, and this would only cause more problems.