Part 40

Part 40

The slow, montonous beep beep was the first thing I heard when the dark fog lifted from my mind, bringing me back to the world of human beings once again. It took me a while to open my eyes, it felt like somebody had super glued my eyelashes together.

I hated the room I woke up in. It was white, not colorful at all. There was nothing remotely colorful present in the room. It was white everywhere. I hated monochromes.

Forgetting my color obsession for a while, I tried to see where the beep beep was coming from. A weird machine was sitting on my right which was where the sound was coming from. There were zig zag lines being produced on the screen and some numbers were flashing in the corner.

A sharp gasp left my lips when I saw an IV attached to my arm. The transparent tube snaked all the way up to a transparent bag which was filled with clear liquid. If the doctor thought that by pumping me with boring, clear liquid would make me forget my obsession of colors, then that boring guy had another thing coming.

That boring guy is Severon, you dummy!

My eyes popped at the realization. Of course, how could I be so stupid, it was Severon who brought me here. He was angry to the point that I thought he would explode. He said he was going to punish me. Blast my blue balloons, how would he punish me this time?

The boring white door of the infirmary opened and Severin sauntered in. I smiled when I saw my brother. Severon said Severin was in trouble as well. Had he been punished already?

"How do you feel?" Severin asked, sitting down on the white chair which was right next to my bed. I needed to have serious talk with Severon about putting more colors in the infirmary. This place was boring! If I were a doctor, I would have colorful sheets, colorful walls and colorful furniture everywhere.

"I feel fine. Why am I here?" I enquired, trying to sit up. Severin helped me by propping up the pillows, allowing me to sit back comfortably.

"You are severely dehydrated. That is why you fainted, and Severon had to bring you here. He took some blood to perform tests, he will be here soon to check up on you," Severin answered.

"What?! He took my blood?! How could he do that without my permission?! My blood is precious, mister! I do not give it to just anybody; and here is, taking it without my permission. I will extract payment, in the form of teddy bears!" I stated.

Severin chuckled. "I guess you really are feeling fine, I'm glad to know that."

"Severin, take me away from here. This place is so boring. There are no colors, only white. I hate white. I need a colorful room," I said to him.

"Severon is already looking at me like he wants to kill me, I cannot take you away. But you're much better now, so you will be discharged soon," he responded.

"My room is boring as well. There are only two colors in there. I want you to paint my room, in all the colors of the rainbow." I told him.

His eyes widened and he looked like he wanted to run away. "Uh, I can't paint your room. I never painted anyone's room before, so I don't know how."

"Please Severin. I'm so tired of the lack of color in your mansion. Please, please, please, paint my room," I pleaded.

"Alright, alright, I'll...paint your room," he acquised. The moment he said the words, my heart danced, rivalling Michael Jackson.

"Thank you, thank you! You are the best brother ever!" I shrieked at the top of my voice, grinning like an idiot.

"Sure, no problem." Severin looked like he had all the problem in the world.