Part 42

Part 42

Epilogue
2 years later

I couldn't help but smile as I buttoned up my daugter's dress. It had only been two years since I had her and it felt like she was always there. Time flew by when you were happy, and I was happy. At least, I tried to be.

Once I finished fastening all the buttons, Eliana turned around to face me. With a smile she pointed at the stuffed teddy bear which was sitting beside me. "Mama, Blu." She called it Blu, I didn't know why, as the teddy bear was pink. But then again, she was my daughter, so Christening her teddy bears with strange names was heraditary.

With a smile, I handed her the bear. When she had a tight grip on the stuffed toy, Eliana jumped down from the bed and ran out of the room.

"Careful Ana!" I shouted after her, but as usual, she paid no heed. I knew where she went; to Severon, her father. I looked at the beautiful ring Severon slipped on my finger two years ago, and my heart hurt, knowing he had been lying all along.

That day, two years ago, Severon proposed to me. He bent down on knee and asked me to marry him. Well it was more like he told me to. He even told me he loved me and that he would spend the rest of his life showing me how much he loved me. But that was a lie. Severon Aresco was lying to me all along.

When you propose to a person, you marry them, at least that's what I believed. But Severon didn't do that. He never married me. We were living under the same roof and yet we were not husband and wife.

I asked him a few times when we would get married. But he would either brush me off or tell me we would marry once the time was right. When would it be the right time? It had been two years and still the right time hadn't come?

Eventually, I stopped asking him. One, because I didn't want to come off as pathetic and clingy, and two, because I had my baby to worry about. I might not be experienced in the dating department, but I knew men hated clingy and desperate women. So I forced my mind to focus on other things and ignored the constant pain in my heart that wanted an explanation as to why Severon refused to marry me.

It was probably because Severon had gotten bored over the two years we had been together. He finally realized that proposing to me was a mistake and that he deserved a better woman. I mean, the fact that he barely had sex with me in the past two years would be proof of that. In the first few months after Eliana was born, Severon didn't even touch me. He took care of me and was kind to me but we never had sex. It got too much for me and I decided to take the initiative only to have Severon scold me. After that, I never took the initiative for sex ever again. I never took the initiative to kiss him either. I let him do whatever he wanted.

But, what confused me was that, even though I believed that Severon no longer loved me and wanted to marry me, he was still acting like he normally did. There was no change in his behavior. Nothing that would indicate that he hated me or was bored of me. He kissed me like there was no tomorrow. He slept with me in the same bed every night, with his arms around me. He talked to me in a sweet, gentle way. He never hurt me, never insulted me; never did anything that would confirm my suspicions that he hated me.

What do you feel for me, Severon? Please give me a sign.

Sighing, I got up from the bed and went in the same direction I saw my daughter run off in. Eliana was my precious diamond. She was my happiness, the only reason I was still here dealing with the confusing man who my heart had stupidly fallen for. If Eliana was not here, I doubted I would be living in Severon's mansion with him.

After Severon had proposed to me, he told Severin to have my stuff brought over here. In less than twenty four hours, all my things were in Severon's mansion. And since that day, Severon and I had been living here. Maril and Severin came to visit us frequently and we'd established a tradition of having family dinners every Sunday. There were four weeks in a month, and every week, we would have dinner at Severin's, Adone's, Severon's or Renzo's place. This tradition had brought us even closer.