Part 33

Part 33

I stood outside the door of Maril's bedroom—well more like a little further away—with Severin standing in front of me, eyeing me like he wanted to shoot me in the head. I should really figure out why Severin and Adone hated me so much. I understood that they were best friends but still, I did not do anything that would warrant such hate.

"Why are you looking at me like you want to kill me?" I asked Severin. I really wanted to see my sister but this was more important.

"Maybe because I do." Severin deadpanned me. Like seriously, it was his wedding day and he was acting like groomzilla.

"Why? What did I ever do to you? I am keeping your stupid secret even though I should tell your brother about it, and I have been nice to you all this time even though you treated me like shit. And now you are marrying my sister. You are suppose to be nice to me," I stated, crossing my arms in the front of my chest.

"You do know you are not attending the wedding, right?" God I really hated him.

"You already told me that, and I still don't understand why I can't attend. I deserve to be there. Maril is my sister, I'm her only family. We get that you are an asshole, but even assholes deserves to take a day off, after all they must get tired by pissing off the entire world. So give your asshole a day off." I told him.

"It's my wedding and I don't want a clown to be there," he snapped.

"How am I a clown?" I demanded to know.

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You are like a splash of color, like a fuckin' traffic light," he snarled as if colors had the power to hurt him.

"Well in my opinion you and your equally monochromatic twin needs some color in your lives. You guys are so boring," I snapped.

"Maril gives me all the color that I need in my life. She is my splash of color, my fuckin' rainbow. And then you come along, and it's just crazy," he responded.

I blinked once twice, then thrice. Maril brought color in his life. This stupid Mafia man had no color in his life nor did he have any sense of them, but my sister painted his world with her colors.

"You're serious?" Was he telling the truth or was this another one of tactics to get me to shut up?

"Yes. I want her to be mine. She brings me to life, Kelsey. I've never felt this way before about any woman. She...does something to me, to my soul. I can't explain it, but I do know that I want it, I want it forever," Severin confessed.

A giggle escaped me which was followed by me clamping my mouth shut. "You do realize you just confided in me, don't you?"

Severin rolled his eyes. The groom, all dressed up in his wedding attire, just rolled his eyes at me. The action was so adorable, I wanted to kiss his cheek. Severin was a badass but he was so cute. I wonder if Maril knew how adorable her husband-to-be could be.

"Well you are going to be my sister in just a few moments, might as well start treating you like one," he grumbled like he was already regretting it.

To be honest, I was touched by his words. The big, bad Mafia boss was claiming me as his sister. He had already accepted me and he wasn't even married yet. Maybe now he would apologize for hurting me. If Severin would no longer hate me than it would be easier for me to confront Adone and demand an explanation for his horrible behavior.

"Can I hug you?" I grinned at him.

"No!" Severin took a step back, but I took one forward.

"Please, you owe me after all the things you've done to me. And you are still not letting me to come to my sister's wedding," I responded.