ASHURA

As salamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarkatuhu

1.Abu Qatadah narrated that :

the Prophet said: "Fast the Day of Ashura, for indeed I anticipate that Allah will forgive (the sins of) the year before it."
(Jami at-Tirmidhi)

2.Narrated 'Aisha:

(The tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura' in the Pre-Islamic period, and then Allah's Apostle ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who wants to fast (on 'Ashura') may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast."
(Sahih al Bukhari )

3.Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

I never saw the Prophet (ﷺ) seeking to fast on a day more (preferable to him) than this day, the day of 'Ashura', or this month, i.e. the month of Ramadan.
(Sahih al Bukhari)

4.Abu Musa (Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The day of 'Ashura was one which the Jews respected and they treated it as Id. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: You also observe fast on this day.

(Sahih al Muslim)

Most of the scholars opinion is that one can observe fast either on 9th and 10th of Muharram or on 10th and 11th ,but it is compulsory to keep it 2 days , the best choice would be 9th and 10th ...

Prophet (s.a.w) commanded us to observe fast for 2 days because jews also keep fast on 10th muharram ..so to make a difference we have to fast for two days

STAY BLESSED AND DONT FORGET TO REMEMBER THE WHOLE UMMAH IN YOUR PRAYERS : )