Chapter 5- PREEVENT [1]

10.21.16

I woke up in a cold sweat. Sitting up, I held up my pounding head. I had a dream, yet I didn't know what it was about. Only that it was something that was important. Looking around the dark room, the bloodstone on my wrist glinted in the moonlight. I turned the bracelet around, as if trying to find a clue to my dream. After turning it around with no clue, I laid down on the soft bed.

I was like that for a bit, not doing anything just breathing and listening to the crickets cricketing. I slowly shifted my head to the table across the bed. It contained a mirror and a clock that read 3 o'clock. Sighing, I got up and fumbled in the darkness for my closet. After finding a decent change of clothes that felt like clothes, I changed out of my tee and skirt, putting them in a basket in the corner. Fully dressed once more, I went back into my bed and laid down. My mind wandered about yesterday's events and what is to happen today. Today was supposed to be the second to last day to actually prepare for the Event. My eyelids started to close, slowly yet effectively. I looked at the bloodstone bracelet and fell asleep.

By the time I had woken up, it was already late afternoon. I bolted upright and got out of the bed as fast as I could. Tripping over myself, I got into a lazy t-shirt and shorts to complement it. When I had finished, I sneakily looked at the hall. Good, no one's there. I sneaked out of my room, closed the room as quietly as possible, and slowly went down the wood stairs.

I entered chaos as I left the flight of stairs. There was absolute disorder in the shop. Felix was taking care of the shop while our parents were running around. Trying not to be noticed, I sneaked past the counter and through the whole shop itself. That didn't work out as my eyes and Felix's met in the split second when I was sneaking pass the counter. I gulped since Felix was quite honest, but not as honest as Yani.

He smiled at me. I smiled as well, wondering whether or not he will talk. He continued to smile at me and turned his head ,still keeping eye contact, to our parents to yell, "Cenon's up!" "Really?" I mouthed as they looked at him then at me. "Thanks a lot," I mouthed to Felix. He mouthed back, "You deserved it." 

My parents were opening their mouths and was about to give me my sentence. I froze and thought of my next strategy- flight or plight? Flight would mean running through the streets as fast as I can and Felix would have to run after me. Felix was a fast runner, but I was faster. Yet, my parents will throw me out or worse, go through the chaos of the shop by myself while they relax... Plight meant that I'd go through hell and work overtime. But, that meant that I didn't have to run or get thrown out. And that I won't be alone to take care of the chaotic shop.

Considering my options, I decided to...

A/N:

Well, if you like it so far, give a star.

If you have any tips, leave a comment.

If you want to give a follow, that's fine as well!

Hope to see you at Chapter  6- EVENT [2]!