CHAPTER 9- PREPARATIONS

"Can I get Erwin Gladwyn, Felix Asher, Yani Malu, Kasen Thrine, and Cenon Septitis to come over," the woman said. The five of us looked at each other and nodded. We all knew that whatever String we get, it won't separate us. We got up from our soft bed of grass and made our way to the front of the stage, nervousness and anxiety building up in me.

11.18.16

We were lead to the dull Gray building, a head shorter than the other five buildings. The woman and Felix were chatting each other up about the weather and the like. Yani, Kasen and Erwin made small talk here and there about the smell of the building. On the other hand, I looked around at the space. The building isn't used other than a quick rest spot ,for a night or so, to inhabitants that couldn't get home or don't have one. Like its exterior, the interior was bland, save for a elevator and the scent of cardboard.

The first floor didn't contain much: lights that were dimly lit, a large grayscale carpet on the floor and a poster next to the elevator that read "WELCOME TO GRAY BUILDING, HAVE A GRAY TIME". The monotone of the place made me want to laugh, from the horrible puns and seriousness. We went up in the elevator, which the woman pressed a button and we were off to a floor. The elevator made a ding and the door opened to reveal four of the  five heads that operated each String. Surprisingly enough, Judas was one of them.

The woman turned around and spoke to us, taking our appearances in and memorizing them, "From here on out, you are free to come in and out of your room, but not the hotel. We do apologize for this, since many have fled under the cover of the night after finding out their string," she chuckled inwardly, remising the past, "I will suggest you to refrain from telling the other participants your String, until tomorrow's Event anyways. Also, if you need anything, just ring the button in your room. Without further ado, I will need the five of you to follow one of us five heads into a room. No worries, we picked you randomly so there is no real reason to be afraid of biasness."

I looked, "Are you sure they won't... you know?"

Understanding my concern, she raised both of her hands, flailing, "No, none of the heads would do that!" I wasn't convinced, but nodded, giving my understanding to the excitable head.

She scoffed and looked at us one by one, seriousness lining her tone, " Erwin Gladwyn will be going with me. Felix Asher with Josip," She nodded to a male with silver hair and gray eyes, "Yani Malu with Luam," a young purple haired nodded at her, his purple eyes gleaming in the dim lighting, "Kasen Thrine with Anthia, " a woman with bright blue eyes and gold hair smiled warmly at her, which Kasen returned with her own smile, " and Cenon Septitis with Judas." I looked at the old man who extracted me from my home. He was staring at me with his lifeless eyes, but I sensed a feeling of nostalgia emitting from those eyes.

"Now, you are to follow the head into the room and from there, you it will be determined if the String we picked for you is correct and ideal for your... personality, " She ended, trying to let the last word hang in the air. As if that was the signal, the heads walked over to their assigned apprentice and talked to them, calming their jittery nerves. Sadly enough, I was stuck with the ol- Judas, who is just staring at me, his eyes trying to find a solution. We continued to stare at each other, until the first group, which consisted of Kasen and the angelic Anthia, disappeared into one of the five rooms. Following them was Felix and Josip, Yani and Laum, and Erwin and Jocelyn. That left Judas and me in the quiet hallway.

As if noticing the other's disappearances, he spoke, "If you don't mind, can you follow me somewhere?" His eyes were still lifeless, but they held a small glitter of hope. I stayed silent, not knowing if this was the test or not. Taking my silence as a "yes", he started to walk to the elevator.

A/N:Hola!!! So many names, right? I do apologize, but these names are needed for... insurance. Sorry for the early chapter! For some its six in the morning, so I apologize.

Anyways, thanks for reading this chapter of Fate of Strings!

Want to be updated? Follow and you'll know when the next update will be or any sneak peeks!

Loving the story? Give a star so others will know!

Confused or have a idea? Drop a comment down below!

I will see you later in the next chapter ROOFTOPS!!