Finding Aurora Hawkins

Rewritten

Dark clouds obscured the round, emboldened moon. They churned grimly in the night sky. The moon's mercury flush was painted silver by the thunderheads, casting down shivers of broken light with a ghostly glow. The rain pounded into the ocean, leaving a mess of seawater crashing against the shore, covering the rocks and thieving anything left on the beach with no regard or remorse. It was a brutal, unyielding stormy night, the ocean would be the last place a human being with any will to live would be in this kind of weather, but that didn't apply to a group of men and a woman, moving along the night, and towards the centre of the stormy sea, where a small island stood with a cave covering most of it.

Odd was the only way to describe this group of people. It was raining furiously, yet they were as dry as a hot summer's air. If one looked close enough, it was like the rain slid off them and to the ground, not leaving any wet trail or path. This was not the only odd thing.

They were being led by a man. He was tall and thin, with silver hair and beard so long that they could be tucked into his belt. He had a very long and crooked nose. His eyes were a brilliant, soul-piercing shade of blue and full of wonder, covered by half-moon spectacles. His face had wrinkles, but looking him over you would know that he is a wise man. A man people listened to and a man that had seen much of the world, and had a lot of knowledge about you just by looking you over.

He was wearing bright green robes and a pointy green hat. That was odd. Behind him was a terrifying-looking man. His face looking roughly carved from wood. It was covered with scars, and a chunk of his nose was missing. He had dark grey, grizzled hair. He also had a wooden leg. His eyes, however, were his most shocking feature: one was small and dark while the other was a vivid, electric blue magical eye that moved around independently from his normal eye. He was scary and fearsome, looking like a long-lived warrior that survived too many battles.

He held a staff in his right hand, helping him walks as he avoided the seawater. Next to him, however, was an ordinary-looking man.

He had bright red hair, though he was slightly balding. He wore glasses and had blue eyes, and also possessed a tall, thin build on his body. He too wore robes, but they were more normal looking. There were only two more people left. One woman and a man. The man had a pale face with premature lines, and light brown hair that had a touch of grey in it. The lines on his face and his greying hair were known to be from too much stress. His clothing was shabby and patched up. And his face held scars, too many to count. But even through all, he still had an aura of handsomeness and cleverness surrounding him. He kept glancing uneasily at the moon that was hidden behind the dark stormy clouds.

The woman was a young one, who exuded an aura of hipness. She had an unconventional sense of style in regards to her hair which now was a bright purple colour. She had dark twinkling eyes, a pale heart-shaped face, and short spiky hair. All in all, she had a wild look to her, which meant in most situations she was reckless.

They were all working their way towards the sea with steely-eyed determination. Standing before the waves, the man had a knowing look on his face, while the others shared confused glances. They held hands and disappeared in a pop, swiftly reappearing on the island. Once there, the rough-looking man finally asked the question echoing through their heads.

"Albus, what the devil are we doing here? You said we were going to recruit a new member, I don't think anyone's suicidal enough to be here," He said in a rough voice, his magical blue eye darting in every direction. The old man simply smiled and answered in a calm and collected voice.