Wrath And Fury

Rewritten

The forest surrounding the camp area was strange, almost worryingly stagnant. This at first was greatly offputting to Aurora, who found herself several times victim of her instincts, one hand on the hilt of her knife as her wings bristled at the stillness of the forest. She wondered why others weren't on edge because of it as well, a still forest only spelt danger when one travelled through it.

But soon she came to the conclusion that they weren't worried because of all the treaties between the clans. There was a mutual agreement between the clans and this prevented worry from spreading.

Aurora still didn't like it. In fact, she didn't like the place at all.

Aurora the Creature hated attention, resented it, loathed it, found it utterly, disparagingly, useless. However, due to her distractingly obvious wings and her prominent eyes, along with the fact that the whisper Hawkins shadowed her back wherever she went, attention focused on her and settled, like a bird on a windowsill that refused to fly away.

Aurora found every opportunity she could to avoid interaction with the others. Apparently, the Chief favoured Alyosha enough to have him be her personal guard, but thankfully, mercifully, Alyosha was just as upset about the decision as she was. Aurora and Alyosha had an unspoken agreement to leave each other when the Chief wasn't around, each to their own thing. They showed up to meals together and left together, but outside the door, both flew in a different direction.

It was one consolation.

The uncomfortable environment had Aurora smoking like a chimney, which made her run out quite soon, which meant she had to hold back. This made her an incredibly irritable creature, one that people avoided once they saw the miserable scowl on her face. Unable to take the minimum amount of nicotine a second longer, Aurora resolved to fly to one of the towns and stock up.

Walking through the forest, she was playing with the hilt of her knife, one hand rubbing absentmindedly at the place where the Harpy had stabbed her. The wounds had healed completely, leaving very thin, silvery scars in its place, almost unnoticeable unless one knew where to look. The Harpy in question had taken to staring at her oddly whenever Aurora was close by, almost like he was puzzled. He never came up to her, thankfully, and he made no mention of his miraculous recovery to the others.

However, it wouldn't take too long for people to piece together that she purposefully healed him.

Aurora was humming one of the songs Golden Boy liked, the one she remembers him singing one time while he was painting. It made Aurora feel closer to him, brought her comfort.

One day, you'll look,
To see I've gone,
For tomorrow may rain, so,
I'll follow the sun. . .

Some day, you'll know,
I was the one,
But tomorrow may rain, so,
I'll follow the sun. . .

She whistled as she walked, watching the sunlight glint off the edge of the blade as it soared into the air and landed back in her hand. Chief Demyan had yet to say anything regarding her proposition, and frankly, it was starting to piss her off. Aurora was not a very patient creature, and he could string her along for so long before she imploded. Once she was a certain distance away, Aurora started scaling one of the trees, the knife now back in her belt.