The Boy Who Gets Away With Everything

Rewritten

It became clear that the Noble House of Black needed some thorough cleaning when George almost choked to death simply by sitting down on one of the couches too hard and kicking up a dust storm. Molly Weasley was in her element, she became a drill sergeant to the others and armed herself with every cleansing spell known to mankind. Aurora had never participated in such an activity---though the Weasley kids dealt with this on the monthly---and so she encountered every chore with an indulging amount of bemusement. She was tasked with cleaning the higher parts of the rooms, clearing dust and cobwebs and other meagre tasks.

The main thing the kids made her do was looking around rooms where they thought there might be a corpse going by the smell emitting from it. Once they realized she wasn't afraid to poke at the oddly shaped creatures laying around the house, she became their saviour.

Aurora actually didn't mind the cleaning. It was mundane, sure, but it took her mind off of the cage surrounding her. She couldn't think about how this has been the longest she'd gone without flying when she was pulling out dead animals from under a guestroom's bed.

Dumbledore had started visiting her as well, taking it upon himself to teach her proper magic. Though Aurora was doubtful he'd be of any help, the man had certainly tried. He never made her try the same type of magic twice, every time he came he'd ask her to do strange forms of charms, or transfiguration, or even potions, and then he'd either train her to be able to do it even better or tell her what she was doing wrong. Aurora had spent years educating herself alone, so her tactics were rough and gritty whilst he was smooth and calm. She was still wary of the Headmaster, but she couldn't deny that he'd helped her hone her magical abilities.

Though she did notice this; whatever kind of magic he asked her to perform, was either in the field of attack and defence, or healing.

Aurora the Creature wasn't stupid, she realized almost immediately that he was preparing her, sharpening her like a weapon to send her off to battle, the things he taught her would only help her in a war.

Nonetheless, she remained quiet and accepted it, it's why she joined the Order anyway. She also noted this, his visits were always carried out in a very secluded room in the house, and sometimes he arrived and left without anyone else even noticing. He wasn't hiding from the Order, that she knew, but there was someone he was avoiding.

Day by day, she watched as Harry Potter became paler and paler as his trial came closer. The young man was a ball of anxiety, the nervousness becoming evident as the trial crept nearer.

Aurora found his fear unnecessary, if it had been her, or someone like her, then they would immediately be in Azkaban without even a trial. But he was The Boy Who Lived, no matter what the newspapers published about him, there was no way they'd simply allow him to be expelled. It would be an outrage, wizards from all over England who had stood silent till now would stand to his defence if they decided to expel him or even imprison him. One way or another, he was going back to Hogwarts.

On the day of his trial when he came down to breakfast, he looked positively green. He eyed the mountain of food Mrs Weasley put in front of him warily, and silently pushed it aside. He conversed with Sirius and Hermione whilst Mrs Weasley started to run a wet brush through his hair to tame it down, to no avail.

Aurora watched behind her mug of coffee, everyone was frowning unsurely when Mr Weasley and Harry Potter left, the latter a nervous wreck. Tension was high in the house, everyone was affected by it but Aurora. Partly because she knew for certain he would be let off, and partly because she didn't care. Even Hermione was nervous, and the smart witch was sure he would be let off. Ron was simply building on the assumption that Harry got away with everything, and he would get away with this too.