12 Grimmauld Place

Rewritten

The phenomenon that was Aurora Hawkins was a strange, unfit creature who was thrust into the wrong league of players. Or to describe it differently, she was a violent mixture of humanity and monstrosity, born to be half and half of each.

The Creature---as she is often referred to by the Ministry's WATCH OUT! Leaflets---was born to one Mr Hawkins and Mrs Hawkins. Two faceless, nameless people we shall not speak of just yet. Two models made of clay who harboured as much love and affection as an actual piece of clay. They didn't just have the Creature, oh no, she happened to be their second creation. Their first one was a tall, good-looking, too blond for his own good male that happened upon them five years prior to the creature.

Now, Mr and Mrs Hawkins were two humans who did not deserve to be such, for they were malicious and atrocious, having no filial loyalty to anyone but themselves and their own self-interests, which made for a very difficult childhood for both the Creature and the Golden Boy.

Time skip to a decade after the Creature was born---she is now ten and the apple of her brother's eye---when the phenomenon the Creature harboured deep inside her, suddenly took shape on her back, gathering feathers and muscle to accompany it, and adorning a colour so dark in pigment it blended in with the shadows and darkness.

Mr and Mrs Hawkins were not very pleased, as ones who wanted children they could control and tame did not bargain for a Creature for a daughter. Then one night, the phenomenon turned vicious.

Slash. Snap. Crack.

Brother and Creature are left standing in the debris of their grotesque retaliation, and the realization dawned that they only have each other in this world, they only have each other.

But this isn't the Golden Boy's story, this is the Creature's story. And she goes by the name Aurora Hawkins, the half-breed Harpy.

Aurora the Creature lived as an outcast, not the kind who simply stay inside their house and call themselves outcasts, but rather as a lone wanderer who frequented the forests and mountains, who lived in caves and underground tunnels, who lived by the rules of the street and learned how to use a pocketknife at the age of eleven, who first experienced the consequences of her unnatural strength and powers at the age of twelve when she was scrubbing her hands raw in a river, trying to get rid of the red substance decorating them.

Aurora the Creature lived alone, she survived alone, she grew up alone, she matured alone, she forgot how to be human alone, she forgot how to feel alone, she faced fear and hatred and anger being thrown at her alone, she fought back alone. She was alone, and she was fine with that, because that's all a person like her could be permitted in a world filled with immoral humans.

The Golden Boy remained partially in her life, the brother she kept near and dear to her heart because in this world they only had each other. His name was Hamilton, and in her eyes, he was the gentlest person to walk this planet.

Aurora the Creature was quite fine with being on her own, purposeless and feared, she had already accepted that Wizards were a cruel breed of humans who looked at her and saw something to destroy.

So when she found herself walking out with Albus Dumbledore and his gang of odd fellows, she can say with absolute certainty that she had no idea what the bloody hell she was doing. Who were these people? What was she doing with them? Was she safe with them?