I thought we were friends til the End

As I laid on my bed, listening to Paramore, I thought about Bella, Jacob, and me. See, Jacob and I have been best friends since fourth grade. Everything changed when Bella Swan moved back from her flighty mom and to Charlie's.

Lately, everytime Jake gets a chance to hang with Bella, he just drops our plans. I mean I understand. THe bloodsucker only lets her out of his sight when he needs something to sink his teeth into. But I'm just supposed to accept it and now be poed when he stands me up for a movie or something. Then get his text later saying that something came up. When he will hang out with me, he's all doom and gloom about how Bella doesn't love him. Nobody knows that I imprinted on him. I try to fight it but sometimes I just succumb to it. EMbry told me Jacob imprinted on me, so what's his problem? Oh wait, he's in love with Bella. It breaks me to hear him moan about Bella, but then I just suck it up and move in. I just want my best friend back, not this moaning zombie of one.

Jacob and I had met because we were in the same class. We never talked until this one kid, Nathan, came up to me on the bus and pinned me againist the bus seat. Jacob stood up for me and punched the kid, and we were all sent to the principal's office. That was just one occassion. Later, in middle school, we met QUil, Embry, Jared, and Paul. We became best friends. THen in high school, Sam started acting funny and stopped talking to me. I mean, that's pretty hard seeing as we live together and he's my brother.

He managed and then so did Paul, then Jared, then Embry, then Jacob, then QUil. I was the only normal one left and I was in my tree house thinking and I got so mad, I was shaking. I was sweltering and I was vibrating. Soon, I turned into a giant snow colored wolf, with black paws. I mean, I was a freaking beast. Then I heard voices in my head and I understood. Then, everything went back to normal. We were all friends again.

Soon, Bella started coming around, demanding to know what was going on. Soon after that, Jake spilled the beans. Paul got pissed and they fought. I broke it up, seeing as I was the fastest and second strongest only to Sam. Sam placed me as Beta, and I was excited. Then, Jake kept being "busy" whenever I would call. THen the bloodsuckers came back and the leech lover immeaditely went back. Jacob was all grumpy and depressed and then I would have to hear him moan about Bella.

My phone vibrated and I jumped, startled. It read, "New message from: Jacob Black." I flipped it open and it read, "Hey, babe, wanna hang?" I rolled my eyes and typed:

Sure. Where do you want me?

I started stripping off my clothes and put on my jean shorts and tank. I put on some deoderant and brushed my straight black hair. Someone knocked and said, "Olivia Uley." It was Paul.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. He walked in and flopped on my bed. He scooped up my phone and started going through my messages. He crowed, "You've been texting Alec Gibson quite frequently, huh?"

I blushed scarlet and pounced on him. We wrestled for a minute until I pulled the phone out of his hand. He pouted and said, "I don't think Jake will like that you've been texting the school player."

I said, "Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game. Anyways, I was just telling him the scince homework. And I don't think it's really his buissness who I associate with."

He laughed, "He's your best friend."

I said, "So? You don't see me asking about Bella even though I hate her guts and he drags me to her house all the time."

He smiled and hugged me. He said, "Liv, he'll get over it eventually." I hugged him and my phone buzzed again. It was fromo Jake and it said:

I'm on my way to pick you up.

I threw my phone on the bed as I grabbed my old flip flops. Paul said, "Going over to Jakey Wakey's?"

I pointed to my butt and said, "Kiss it." He made puckered lips and said, "Yes, ma'am."