1- Updated

Ray's POV

"Babe can you please go wake up the boys." I pleaded with my husband, Quentin. He was white and I was black. Together we have a total of 5 kids. Yes five. We had three boys and twin girls. Our oldest son, Taylor was 10 years old. Then came our twin girls, who are 7. Our second son is now 2 and our hopefully last child is 1.

Let me give y'all a little background on me. My name is Ray, like a sun ray. I'm currently 28 years old and yes I had my first child at 18. Me and Quentin knew each other for years and were engaged. We thought we were big and grown and things lead to another and then boom we had Taylor.

Anyway I work at a pharmacy since I was about 20 and Quentin works at a music agency. He was a consultant and a lot of the times came home really late.

"Are you serious. You were just upstairs and didn't bother getting them" he whined and walked to get the boys. This is how our relationship has been for a while. Every time I asked him to do anything for, or with the kids, he catches an attitude and then doesn't talk to me until I, yes I, the wife, and mother apologizes.

Do you know how ridiculous that is?

I rolled my eyes and continued to cook breakfast. Today I was getting a promotion and this sorry excuse of a man wasn't going to bring me down.

"Ok mommy we're ready" I heard my three oldest children call after me. Caden the 2 year old and Dustin who was 1, were too young to go to school. Taylor and the twins, Gabrielle and Kayla all went to school and were my sweethearts. All my kids were. They didn't whine when I asked them to help their siblings.

I watched my three oldest children. I remembered when they were born. Separately of course. I remember holding them in my arms. Bathing them, feeding them. I always felt like a single mother. Regardless of being married. There was always something, like a tick, in the back of my mind that made me questioned if Q ever wanted the kids. He never helped and even when he did like now, he always caught an attitude.

My thoughts were broken when I heard Q's voice, "are the kids suppose to walk to school or are you going to keep staring at them?"

I sighed and walked out the kitchen. I was sick of this attitude and the last thing he was going to do was embarrass me and talk to me any way he pleased.

"Kids let's go" they grabbed their bags and walked towards the car. Before I turned to leave the house. I looked at my so called husband, "can you watch the two boys or is that too hard. Oh, and one last thing, when you so ever think of talking to me like that in front of our kids again, you can forget that this is your home" I smiled and walked to the car, to drop the kids off.

I thought that was gonna change him but Lord was that wrong.

Word Count: 552
Ray is played by Tika Sumpter