20- Updated

Vincent's POV

I was walking out the bathroom when I felt someone slap me. I turned and saw Rebecca.

"What the hell are you doing here baby?" I asked looking around. Ray could not see her it'll ruin everything.

"Well I got a call and found out you were here. Why aren't you wearing your ring?" she asked.

"I lost it. By any means did you see Ray?" She shook her head.

"I don't even know that the girl looks like. I did see Quentin. He looks very dashing tonight" she said fixing my suit.

"Really I don't see it" she laughed and looked at her phone.

"It's almost midnight. I'm going to use the bathroom I'll be right back." I nodded and walked to find Ray. I needed to propose while Rebecca was away. She walked down the hall where the girls bathroom was. There was a huge line. Thank you.

Rebecca's POV

I stood in line and texted Quentin. He walked behind me and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Lets go" I followed closely behind him. I can't believe I thought that Vincent was the man I loved. I was divorcing him right after tonight.

I was so happy that Quentin told me and Ray about his antics. I was ready to be single and mingle.

We walked into the ballroom and saw Vincent on stage with Ray. She looked scared but pleased. Her eyes locked with ours. I raised my thumb and proceeded to make my way on stage. The countdown started.

10.

Vincent's POV

"Ray I've been wanting to ask this question for years now. I never asked because some things got in the way but I promise you,

9.

those things are going to magically disappear and we'll be together forever and ever, so" I got down on one knee.

8.

I pulled the ring box and showed her the ring.

7

7.

"Rayne Faith Railings, will you the honor of being my wife"

6.

I grabbed her finger ready to put the ring on when it dropped.

"Silly my" I laughed and reached down to get it.

5.

She grabbed the microphone from me and held it against her lips.

4.

"Vincent Keith Frenzi...

3.

It would be the greatest honor for me

2.

to happily...

1.

"Decline your offer"

0.

"Happy New Year" she pushed passed me and walked off with Rebecca.

What the hell. The whole crowed looked at me and out of nowhere started to laugh.

"What a way to bring in the new year Frenzi" Quentin said patting my back. I had a feeling he was behind this.

"Shut up" I followed behind the two girls as the new year song started to play. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion.

"What the hell is going on"

"Well Mr. Frenzi, you got played" both girls yelled while laughing.

"You knew about each other!?"

They shook their heads and stood. I felt cool drinks and ice fall over my head. Ray looked more sad than Rebecca. Rebecca faced only showed anger. Ray walked off. I looked at Rebecca than at Ray.

"I don't know why you think I or Ray want you right now. Leave" she pushed pasted me as well.

I ran after Ray. She was sitting alone at one of the tables playing around the snacks.

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't wanna hear what you have to say. You played me and was going to continue. Had Quentin not war-"

"Here we go again. All I hear is Quentin this or Quentin that. Quentin is all you think about"

"Well he's been that guy that's always been for me. He may not have been the best husband but he was there for me. He warned me about you. He told me about Rebecca. When were you gonna bring her up eh?"

Ray's POV

Vincent scratched his head. He was ridiculous. He stood up and walked away. Jerk. I continued to play with the snacks on the table. I ate one when I felt another presence sit down.

"Please leave me alone Vincent. You've done enough"

"I look nothing like that two timer" I looked up and saw Quentin. He grabbed a cracker and ate it.

I forced a smile on my face.

"Look at this way. You would've went into the new year engaged to be married. Now you're single. And my offer still stands." He said.

I remember exactly what he meant. He wanted us to be each others wing person. I mean Quentin was good. Just across the room Rebecca and Jackson were having a full blown conversation. With touching and laughing.

Quentin moved closer to me.

"That could be us" my head snapped to him. "No I mean we could be helping each other get that like" I nodded.

I looked down. Did I really want to be searching for a new boyfriend.

"I don't know. I want to get my life together before starting a new relationship"

Quentin nodded and finished the last cracker on the platter.

"I get you by the offer still stands" he got up and slicked his hair back. He flashed me a million dollar smile. I smiled back.

***

It was 4am and the party was wrapping up. Vincent reputation was ruined. Before he ran out almost two hours ago, he announced he was moving to New York. Thank the heavens.

I was looking for my coat. Florida at night and early in the morning can get a bit chilly.

"Did you make your mind up?"

I faced Quentin.

"Why is this something you really want?"

"It's easy. What were we before we became husband and wife?"

"Girlfriend and boyfriend"

"Stop playing were we like best friends and I remember telling my best friend I liked a girl and she did everything in her power to find her. You were a perfect wing woman. Even when the girl I wanted was you" I nodded.

I didn't know if my answer would be the best answer but...

"I would be your wing woman"

Word Count: 1018
Last Chapter. Epilogue next.