5-Updated

Ray's POV

I sat in the chair next to Q's. We were currently at the therapist office. At first he was reluctant. Claiming we were just in a rut and we'll get out of it. But deep down, we knew that this was more than a rut and that us talking it our us rolling in the sheets, wasn't going to get us out.

"Ok so first thing first, we have Ray and Quentin correct?" The therapist asked looking down at his chart. He eyes me, wanting to know my real name.

"Yes, Rayne and Quentin but I prefer Ray" I said smiling. He nodded and continued with the first round of questions. Like why are we here and where do you think the relationship went wrong.

"Would you mind answering any of my questions, Quentin?" He asked having a stare down with Q.

"I prefer not to. I mean the whole time instead of being a therapist, you've been flirting with my wife. And she's to naive to notice that you like her. So continue on try to get what doesn't belong to you" He said placing his arm around the back of my chair.

Victor, the the therapist, looked at me and then Quentin. I did the same. Was be serious.

I scooted away from Q and looked at Victor.

"I'm sorry for him" as soon as those four words left my mouth, Quentin stormed out the room.

"We'll continue this tomorrow. Oh and Ray, you deserve a better man than him" he smiled.

I walked out the room and saw Quentin waiting for me near the elevator.

"What the hell was that?" I asked when the doors opened. Mentally thanking the Lord that we were the only ones in the elevator.

"What are you talking about Ray, he was flirting with you the whole time and you flirted back. Ray. That's what the hell was that. You and that Victor guy probably were sleeping with each other long before. Maybe that's why he was confused of your name. You lied. You cheated and you had the audacity to show your husband your side man"

I stood there in the back of the elevator shocked. Does my husband really think that low of me?

"You really think I cheat on you? Are you serious? Do you know how many things I've had to do for you. College had to wait for me, because you wanted to impregnate me. You belittle me everyday. And you really think I cheat on you? Will betray my family?" I poked his chest with every sentence.

Before he could say anything else, the elevator doors opened. A couple younger than us and an older couple stood there staring at the scene in front of them.

A black lady with tears down her face, and a white man, looking down at her with an angry expression.

I fixed my bag and grabbed my car keys, and walked out the elevator, not before saying,

"I want a divorce"

***

"Rayne Faith Railings, did you really tell your lover since freaking high school, you want a divorce?" Leila asked eating my ice cream.

Ever since I muttered those words, I couldn't stop crying.

"He just got me so mad, I didn't mean it at all. What did I do" I fell back on the bed.

Leila put her ice cream container on the night stand and rubbed my back.

"If I know anything about you and Q's relationship, it's that he's not a quitter, he'll be back before ten with a dinner reservation and flowers" she patted my back and grabbed her container again. "I'm betting on it"

I was about to voice my opinion when the front door opened.

"That must be your mans" she said smiling. She grabbed her coat and put her shoes on. As soon as she was done, Quentin walked in.

"Hey Leils" she nodded and walked out the house.

"Can you please look at me Ray?" He asked. I flipped over and looked at him. "I'm sorry, I know you don't really mean the divorce thing. I pushed you to say it, and I'm not going to make you feel guilty. It's my fault" he sat on the bed and placed my head on his lap.

"I feel like we need a break though" he stated playing with my hair. I nodded.

We did. We were toxic for one another, and no matter how hard we tried to ignore the signs that we needed the break, we did.

"That's why I'm staying with my parents, you and the kids can stay here." He leaned down and kissed my lips. "But before that, let's go try to one last time to rekindle our love.

Q grabbed my hand and got us out of the bed.

"Go get dresses, I'll be waiting downstairs" I nodded and went to find an outfit for the occasion.

This will be out first date since giving birth to our last child.

Then it hit me, how would the kids take the news of me and Q taking a break?

Word Count: 859
Victor in the mm