6 - Updated

Ray's POV
2 Months Later

Today was my checkup on the baby. With everything that has been happening with me and Q, the kids were the only reason why we communicated.

"Rayne Evans" me and Q got up and followed the lady to the room. "Ok so change into..."

"I've been pregnant four times, I think I know what I'm doing," I interrupted her smiling. I had experience with these things.

The nurse nodded and walked out the room. Q sat quietly near the bed. He hasn't spoken a word to me since arriving at the doctors.

"You ok?" I asked rubbing his hair. He always enjoyed having his long hair be rubbed when he was sad.

"It's work" he replied, pulling his hair into a man bun. I looked at my hands and laid them in my hands. Ok, that was a first. The doctor soon walked into the room, smiling when she saw who was seating once again in her office.

"If it isn't Rayne and Quentin Evans" doctor Darlene said smiling. She was always a happy person. Unlucky she never married, but man she looked good for a 52 year old lady. I silently prayed to look as good as she did when I hit 52.

"Yeah, we're back for baby number..."

"Six, I believe" she interrupted me. I nodded and rolled my shirt up. Wow, we really were working on baby number six. Wow.

A few minutes after looking around my stomach, she asked the famous question, "Do you want to know the sex of the baby"

"Yes" she wiggled the wand around my stomach again and looked at Quentin.

"What are the genders of the others"

"Two girls and three boys" the first sentence he muttered since the 'it's work' line.

"Well you can add another girl in that mix, you're having a girl"

Quentin's eyes widen. We were having another girl. For me another headache, for Q, another daddy's girl to spoil rotten.

"Your next checkup is next month, but my door is always open if you need anything. Congratulations guys." We nodded and I fixed myself.

I can't believe it. Another girl. I was starting to feel like Kate plus eight or the Duggers. All these kids.

***

I was about to open the house door, when I heard Q call after me.

"Rayne"

I turned and looked at him. What did he want now. The whole ride back home, he never not once said a word to me.

"Rayne, We've been giving the break a try for two months now and I think that we should get back together"

Was this man serious?

"Did you think about this before or after blocking me out?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I've been thinking about this ever since I told you that we should take a break" he grabbed my hands and went down on one knee.

"No no no no, get up so we can talk like grown people" he got back up and allowed me to open the door.

I opened the door and walked inside the house. The kids were still in school and wouldn't be off for a couple more hours.

I looked at Q and signaled for him to talk.

"Ok, Rayne, you know I love you and you know this serious because I'm using your real name. I want you to know that I want to be back with you. Would you let me?"

I knew the moment I agreed it was going to either be the worst decision in my life. But I still managed to muttered the word

"Yes"

I know it's been a while and its really short but I wanted to fill you guys in
Word Count: 623