16-Updated

My Christmas Gift To You
Vincent's POV

I can't believe that Ray kissed her ex. I shook my head and brought the flowers. I do believe that he set everything up, but it still hurts. We've been dating for almost 4 months now and we still haven't kissed.

I got to Ray's house and ranged the doorbell.

She opened the door and I couldn't help but look her up and down. She looked splendid, in her all black dress. Ray blushed.

"You look stunning"

"You look stunning"

"I can say the same about you" she grabbed her bag and took my extended hand. I ended up throwing the flowers away. Every single man gets flowers and goes to this expensive restaurant when going on a date, but Ray isn't an ordinary woman, she needs something different.

"So if you don't mind me asking, where are we going"

"You'll know when we get there." I know how much Ray loved fashion. It's her dream to own her own boutique and be in the runway. I overheard at work that there was a secret fashion show that will be showcasing all the new works in the new year. I thought this will be able to be the ice breaker that will lead to our next destination...our favorite restaurant when we were dating years ago...dave and busters.

I pulled into the parking lot and ordered for Ray to close her eyes.

"Now I'm scared Vince" she did as told and allowed me to walk inside the building.

"Open" when she opened her eyes the first thing they landed onto was the huge runway stage. The show didn't start for another 10 minutes so I introduced her to some of the designers and coworkers.

"How do you know everyone"

"I got some connections" I fixed my tie and placed me hands on her thighs. We had pretty good seats. They weren't first row but second row was pretty good. Ray eyes glistened over every outfit. She pointed out every detail, even a few wardrobe mistakes. Just seeing her so happy made me happy.

At the end of the show I introduced her to one of the designers. I had contracted one of his jobs. He was the same person talking about the show. He invited me.

"Mr. Tales, this is my beautiful girlfriend Rayne."

"Oh the inspiring designer" he took a look at her outfit and nodded. "Good choice. Can never go wrong with all black"

Ray shook her head.

"This is not the best. He didn't tell me we were coming here" it sounded like an apology. I grabbed by her waist and pulled her close.

"Well my mistakes but I do need a new PA and I wouldn't mind hiring you at all, Ms. Rayne" Ray eyes almost burst out her head.

"Me...your PA. No I can't I'm not qualified"

"NONSENSE. Do you know how to type. Answer calls, fashion, walk?" She nodded. "Then you're hired. You'll start two days from now." He walked away.

"Did you put him to this"

"No, I told him about you. He's very persistent on what he wants, and obviously he wants you as a personal assistant" I smiled and kissed her on the lips. "Look at it this way babe, you're one step closer to being a designer"

She smiled and we walked out the building. Part two of our date was just beginning.

Ray's POV

Vincent pulled into the dave and busters parking lot. I instantly smiled. I remember this being our spot before he left. Every month we came here. Even the workers knew our name and faces. I wonder if they still worked there.

"Ready?" Vincent asked.

"Yeah" we walked in and went straight to the claw game. I never won the stupid stuff animals that laid inside.

When my feet started to throb, we decided to sit down.

"I wanted to talk about the whole Quentin thing that happened yesterday" he stated. He shoved a fry into his mouth and waited for me to answer.

"What I'm telling you is the truth. Ok" he nodded and leaned forward. "Ok earlier that night, Quentin came to the house and questioned about our relationship. I never answered him. After a few minutes of him leaving, I got a text from his friend telling me that Quentin got hit by a car and was in the hospital. I had a feeling it was a trap but I wasn't thinking. Leila stayed behind to watch the kids for me while I went. I had special instructions on where to park and when I got there, his friend, Jackson was talking but I wasn't paying attention. It was really Quentin and he kissed me and as soon as that happened you came"

I can see steam coming out of Vincent's face.

"Your ex husband is a s.o.b. How dare he?"

"It's fine. I wish I had left him that night you came and asked for me, but I couldn't. I thought he was the one. Turns out I was wrong"

Vincent shook his head.

"No it's my fault for up and leaving you without a call or note. Something. I love you Ray. I really mean it. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't change a thing that happened because you wouldn't have your kids, but you're beautiful and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't wait to marry you" I stopped eating midway. Marriage.

I wasn't so sure if I wanted to go down that road again. I wanted to be a good mother for me children before I got married.

I felt like I never got a chance to talk with em.

"Yea marriage" I smiled and took Vincent's awaiting hand. We got up and paid and left. This date was perfect. I'm still with Vincent. I got a new job.

This new year would be exciting.

Word Count: 992