It's Whatever

Mikey POV 🌑

I knocked on his aunt's door and waited for an answer

"Oh hi Mikey, I haven't seen you in some weeks. How are you?" His aunt said after she opened the door.

I smiled. "I'm fine. Is Chad here?"

"Yeah, he's up in his room." She said as she let me in.

I made my upstairs, to his room, which was already open. I walked in and found him sleeping, looking so peaceful.

I sat down on his bed, waking him up.

He looked at me, confused. "Mikey?"

"Hey" I said, with a smile.

"How did you get in? And what are you doing here?" He asked, sitting up.

"Well your aunt let me in and I'm here because-" I took a pause before I finished my sentence. "Chad I can't get you out of my mind."

He sighed. "Mikey-"

"And I really do try because I can see that you really want us to go our separate ways, but damn it Chad I don't want too. I honestly can't."

"Mikey, I know you still like-"

"Love" I corrected him.

"We've only been broken up for a couple of weeks and I understand why you're not completely over me yet, but I really need you to just back off and I mean that in the nicest way possible."

"You've already found someone else, haven't you?" I asked him as I realized why he keeps turning me down.

I may have liked Chad more than he liked me, but the bottom line is we both had strong feelings for each other, at the same time.

"It's that boy you were at the movies with, isn't it?" I asked him.

He didn't answer the question, he just said "I think it's time for you to leave...."

"Fine, I'll go. But I want you to know that if you two don't work out, I'm here for you. Always will be." I said as I got up and made my way out of his room and out of his house.

Chad POV

"Chad I was wondering why you and Mikey have been so distant lately." My aunt said, as I made my way downstairs.

"More like trying to be distant."

"What do you mean?"

"We aren't together anymore but he keeps popping up randomly, asking me for another chance."

"Now hold up, I didn't know y'all weren't together. I wouldn't have let him in."