Never Again

"Isaac, wait, come back!"

Scott was standing on his porch, watching the love of his life walk out into the rain and away from him. Isaac's sweater was soaked through from the rain after seconds, but still he kept going, his back rigid and his fists clenched. Though Isaac wouldn't let Scott see, they both knew there were tears falling, mixing with the rain. Scott had blown his chance at happiness, and for what? He slammed his hand into the wall of the house hard, making his hand ache.

How could he do this to Isaac? What the fuck was wrong with him? How did he let it get so out of hand? One moment Danny was in the living room with Scott, swirling a glass of wine over lunch, next minute Isaac has found the two of them in bed together. The devastated look on Isaac's face replays inside Scott's mind, a scratched tape that he can't turn off. His poor, adorable Isaac... What had he done?

Danny was just there. That's all it really was. Isaac and how clingy he had become had annoyed Scott, like a kicked puppy that kept coming back. He didn't think anything of it when Danny lent in close. He didn't think anything of it when they started taking off each other's clothes. Scott only really thought once the bedroom door had slammed behind Isaac. He threw on whatever clothes he could find and chased after his boyfriend, but it was too late. He had destroyed the best thing in his life.

Scott glanced down at his clothes and found that he was wearing Danny's shirt. Surely Isaac had seen it. A cry tore from Scott's throat as he sunk down against the wall, down until he pulled up into a foetal position beside the door. He ripped Danny's shirt over his head and flung it across the porch. His entire body shuddered and hiccupped as he wept his eyes out on the ground.

They had been happy. Anyone could've seen that. Stiles constantly reminded Scott to not let what he and Isaac had go to waste, and what did Scott do? Exactly that. So what if Isaac was a bit clingy? So what if he always wanted to be around? Perhaps, Scott reasoned, he wouldn't have done this if he'd just paid more attention to the boy he loved. He did love Isaac, truly, madly, and deeply. But he took it all for granted, just for some meaningless sex. To make matters worse, it wasn't even good sex.

Scott wiped his eyes on the corner of his sleeves as he heard footsteps approaching the doorway. Danny hesitantly peeked his head around the corner, searching until he found Scott on the ground.

"Um... do you want me to go?" Danny murmured softly, Scott refusing to look at him. Danny dropped Scott's grey sweater to the floor beside him.
"Please," Scott managed to croak back quietly. If he said anything more, he was afraid he would lose it. He only stared solemnly at the porch floor, watching Danny's converses out of the corner of his eye. He watched the boy grab his shirt, walk down the stairs and unlock his car. Quickly, Scott was left alone.

He stayed like that for hours, reluctantly pulling on the grey sweater as the chilly afternoon breeze began to set in. The rain swirled around in the air, occasionally spraying Scott when an odd waft of rain mist hit him. Before long, Scott registered the sound of a car pulling up in his driveway. The familiar slamming of his mother's car door pulled him from his state; looking up to his mother before bursting into tears again. Melissa rushed up the few stairs to the porch and held onto her son in a warm hug.

"What happened, baby?" she softly cooed, Scott resting his head just below her shoulder.
"Isaac," Scott eventually cried in the most devastating way his mother had ever heard, hiccupping and sputtering, willing the word to come out. Melissa stroked his hair and kissed the top of his head, pulling her boy closer.

"Scotty, it's okay. I'm sure you can fix whatever happened. What happened?" she asked gently, grabbing Scott by the shoulders lightly to make him look at her. He only stared at her sadly, before shaking his head and wiping tears from his eyes.