I Wouldn't be Naked if I Wasn't

Scott was just standing in front of his mirror, checking if his hair was dishevelled enough to go with the rest of his crazy doctor costume, when the blaring sound of Stiles' jeep's hoot disrupted the eerie silence of this Halloween night.

So he placed the ridiculously large glasses ridiculously low on his nose as if to look over them rather than through them and, after one last check in the mirror, rushed to meet up with his friend waiting in the car.

He opened the passenger door and got into the jeep.

"Finally!" Stiles chose to say instead of a greeting.

"Why didn't you just come inside?"As always he might have added.

"Did you happen to take a look at the clock in the last hour?" Stiles asked slightly exasperated.

"No? Why didn't you just announce your presence earlier?"

"I- uhm..." Stiles fidgeted untypically.

"Are you nervous? Have you got a date or something?" Scott asked, grinning at his fumbling friend.

"Uh, no, not really... let's just get going, okay?" With that he started the car, ending the conversation but Scott just kept grinning, wondering what might have his friend so on edge.

They drove for a few minutes in silence, the dark haired male glancing over at the full body skeleton suit his friend wore.

"A skeleton? Isn't that kinda unimaginative?" Scott asked amused.

"You shut up! You just borrowed some of your mom's clothes," he looked over at him for a second before focusing back on the street, "and splashed some fake blood over the shirt like some mad scientist."

"Doctor," Scott corrected.

"Scientist, doctor, that's all the same! Randomly murdering unsuspecting victims with the goal to dominate the world..."

"So, you got a date for tonight?"

"I- wait, what? Oh, so that's what you were trying to do, sneaky bastard."

"Have you?" Scott interrogated.

"I already told you. I'd have asked Lydia but since it's her party anyway, I'll just..."

"Stalk her the whole night."

"Hell no, I'll just.... hang around a little..." Stiles drifted off discouraged but snapped back to attention just a second later.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's with the interrogation? Have you got a date?"

"Me? Not really..." But his lips curled upward anyway.

"Hey, hey, no way. What's with that creepy smile you've been carrying almost the whole evening?"

"Just slipping into my role," Scott answered. 'And knowing exactly who I'll spend the evening with.'

Blue eyes came to his mind, curly dark blond locks and a wonderful smile.

It was not that he kept this relationship secret from Stiles, just that he didn't know what exactly this relationship was. He and Isaac... didn't communicate a lot with words, which was also why they didn't have a date per se, just the silent understanding that they'd spend the evening together anyway.

Scott was fine with that and yes, it was the anticipation alone that lifted his mood to the highest level.

"...ot? Scott!"

Scott snapped out of his reverie with a start.

"Yes?"

Stiles looked at him questioningly. "We're there?"