Youre My Blessing

AN: 2 UPDATES FOR TONIGHT, JUST BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! ENJOY BABES

Chapter 5

Soft sunlight filters through Scott's window and slowly moves across the room in delicate lines until it comes into contact with Isaac's face. The warmth and the light wake him up slowly. It takes him a couple of seconds to realize where he is. Various musicians and bands stare at him from the walls of Scott's room. The television has timed itself off from the night before, but he can still hear the whir of the DVD player. He's surprised he even slept through that.

His back is warm and as Isaac slowly becomes aware of exactly where he is in Scott's room, he can't fight the smile that threatens to tug at his lips. There's a puff of soft and even breath at the top of his spine and the light weight on his side is clearly indicative of Scott's arm.
Scott McCall is spooning him.

No wonder Isaac slept so soundly. He doesn't want to move. He wants to lie in the sunlight of this beautiful Saturday morning forever. He's not even completely sure that he and Scott have moved into this position on purpose, but he doesn't care. For a few moments he can pretend that this is how things are supposed to be.

Tentatively, he places a hand over Scott's at his side and gently strokes at his fingers. They twitch under his touch and Scott mumbles behind him and burrows his nose at the back of Isaac's neck. Isaac shivers involuntarily and the movement reminds him of the morning problem he is no doubt sporting.

He counts to five in his head and gathers up the motivation to turn his head a little to make an attempt at speaking behind him. "Scott," Isaac says, his voice barely above a whisper. Scott makes an incoherent noise, so Isaac tries again in a sing-song voice, "Wakey wakey..."

Scott mumbles a bit louder and wraps his arm tighter around Isaac's waist and pulls him closer. Something presses against Isaac's back and he jolts again. Male morning problems have to be a source for constant embarrassment and awkward moments. No wonder it's more common for girls to have sleepovers than boys. Isaac fights the urge to press backward into Scott and tries to squirm out of Scott's grip so that when the shorter boy does wake up, he's not freaked out by the situation.

The harsh tone of Scott's cell phone cuts through the silence and Scott bolts up so fast seems to forget that they were sleeping crosswise on the bed and nearly slides off as he makes a grab for his phone. "Oh, shit shit shit, what time is it?"

Isaac, both resentful and thankful for the reprieve, rolls the other way on the bed and pulls some of the blankets into his lap. "I don't know," he says, looking around the room for his own phone.

Scott's phone stops ringing before he can answer it, so he checks the time. "It's only nine. I thought it was like noon or something." He sighs dramatically and falls backward onto the bed, one arm over his eyes. "It's Saturday, can't I sleep in a little more?"

He either has no memory of how they'd slept overnight or he's ignoring it, so Isaac doesn't press the matter further. He just shrugs and says, "We can always—" He's cut off by the sound of Scott's phone letting him know he has a voicemail and a split second later, Isaac's phone is vibrating from Scott's desk across the room.

"What the hell...?" Isaac frowns at Scott and stumbles across the room to grab his own phone before the ringtone ends. It's Derek. He barely has the call answered and Derek is already talking—or rather, yelling—from the other end.

"—you'd better pick up. I don't care what kind of shit you two get into when you're alone but that doesn't mean—"

"Derek?" Isaac says hastily, trying to cut his alpha off before he says anything that might embarrass everyone in the entire world.