Chapter 13- The Unexpected Passenger

Stepping out onto Platform 9 ¾, I breathed in the fumes of a busy train station. The crowds hoarded around the old steam train- hugs of farewell and noise and pollution flooded my surroundings. The date was the 1st of September, and it was time for my journey back to Hogwarts.

After the destruction of my father's facade the previous night, I had woken up feeling rather groggy and clumsy. Washing my face in attempt to wipe away the cloudiness in my brain- I pondered upon the happenings of last night. Did that really happen? Did I really manage to mess up the big confrontation that much? Yes (it appeared), I had. Well there was nothing left to do but go downstairs and apologize. Perhaps even try again.

But when I ambled down the stairs, into the kitchen, only Mum was present. I watched her for a few seconds; dashing around the work top; trying to balance between frying some eggs and spreading butter on some toast. Even though it would be far easier to cook the magical way or just have a house elf- both my parents refused. 'Using a house elf is lazy!' My father would often state, 'and also a violation of their rights to treat them like a slave'. Time and time again I had heard this, but it never changed. They both liked to cook themselves anyway.

The sound of movement from behind disrupted her chaotic routine- Mum's head whipped round to face me- a glint in her hazel eyes and her dark hair shining in the morning sunrise. "Morning Scorpius!" her usual, cheery voice welcomed me to the day, which wouldn't normally have fazed me- if it had not been for the mistrusting smile upon her lips. The scenes of the previous night seemed to flash across her eyes- and even though I had seen through her, she chose to ignore it. "Grandma will be here in half an hour to take you to Kings Cross," she stated, putting my plate down on the breakfast bar in front of me. Sitting down on my bar stool, I gave Mum a confused look. "Dad's..." a brief pause as she began to nibble on her lip, "um, ill. I'm going to stay here to look after him. Grandma said she would take you." The vibrant mood was soon replaced by and awkward chill. I gave a stiff nod and began to eat.

Grandma arrived on the dot- per usual. Although she may be very formal and punctual, she was also the kindest woman I have ever met. Her blonde hair was hidden of greys with only the wrinkles by her eyes giving away her age. Narcissa Malfoy always looked good. Making a good impression was one of her priorities, but her number one was her son and his family. "You ready, Scorpius dear?" her lipstick cracked into a warming smile. Her fragile arm linked round mine as she picked up my trunk in her other. A brief farewell from Mum was all I received as I apparated alongside Grandma with a crack. Any chance of forgiveness- or even a hug- was gone from Dad. The last memory I had of him was unspeakable- and this was deeply upsetting.

Grandma and I arrived in an alleyway- in the deep heart of Muggle London. We had to apparate a little way from the station, in order to avoid detection from the oblivious muggles wandering the streets on this early September morning. Although this took around twenty minutes- I didn't mind. This gave me plenty of chance to talk to my beloved accompanist. "So are you excited for your second year, Scorpius?" Grandma's gentle voice broke my train of thought, her ocean blue eyes sparkling with interest. "Yeah I am." I stated this, as if only realizing the fact this very minute. "I can't wait to see all my friends! Even go to my lessons! Though some lessons I prefer a lot more than others!" Joking around, allowing my Grandma to release a small chuckle, I registered how thrilled I really was to be returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"Good, good." Grandma's face resumed to her tender smile. "Doing well at school I saw from last year. You're so much like your father." Her impeccably manicured nails ruffled my snowy scalp. What is it with people doing that? "About that," her words turned sour as they reluctantly seeped through her teeth. "Your mother told me about what happened last night. I understand you may be angry with your father but," She let out and an exasperated sigh, her fingers running through the golden strands on her head. This caused her ordinarily perfect style to stand on end slightly, in a frizzed mess; but I said nothing as we ambled along the mildly busy London pavement. "Your father has been through a lot. I partly put myself to blame for that. So just... be kind to him Scorpius." she may have said this in with a cool essence, however the look in her eyes told me she was pleading. "Let him explain in his own time. He loves you very much." Those last words made my lip quiver; and any words I thought of in a reply- were soon swallowed back, along with the tears that once again threatened to spill.

Before I knew it, Grandma and I were entering the busy station of Kings cross (my busting trunk trailing behind). A casual fall through the station wall and we were standing on Platform 9 ¾. After a few seconds to take in the familiar surroundings I managed to bump into a girl, with dark skin and cute afro cut. Apologies flew across the space between us as she frantically tried to redeem herself- a first year, no doubt. As I had no clue who she was, I looked towards what I assumed were her parents- to try and seek for some sort of recognition. I was surprised to see that I unexpectedly did- as did a flustered Harry Potter who was now talking with them, rather too loudly.

"I can't believe this! How come no one knew?" Harry was getting frustrated- a funny sight for all to see. His wife and kids were all giggling at his current state- Al noticed me and gave me a mischievous wink. "You even dated MY WIFE, for Merlin's sake! How is this even possible?" An amused Seamus Finnegan and Dean Thomas both gave a shrug- as they slung their arms round each other's waists. "We moved to Ireland together after the war," Seamus was attempting to explain the current situation. "We just wanted some peace and quiet together. Well, until we got Leandra." He added the last sentence as an afterthought- before resting his had gently on his daughter's shoulder- the girl I had banged into just moments ago. "We've been together since, like, fifth year." Dean commented this apparent fact before placing a sweet kiss upon his boyfriends head.

Harry, now looking very bewildered and confused, kept asking questions. "But, that still doesn't explain about my wife!" Seamus rolled his eyes, but Dean was more patient. He answered Harry with his laid-back manner-"Neville got suspicious." There was so many questions still to ask, but time had run out. The Platform whistle blew- a signal for us to all board the train. I turned to Grandma, and with the raise of an arched eyebrow, she kissed my forehead as an act of farewell. With that, I boarded the train; Al, James and an unexpected passenger alongside me.

AN: I have two things to say-

1. OVER 1K READS! HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS!

2. Gay ships are yay ships.