CHAPTER 2

People say that you just have to find the light in life, well I’ve been searching so hard for years can some one please give me a hint on where it might be ? Because my life is filled with darkness I can’t see my own reflection in the mirror.

“Li ? Are you awake ?.”

“Yh Nat. What’s wrong ?.”

“Nothing I was just unsure bout something.”

We both turned over to face each other in our double bed that was lying on the wooden floor of an old building.

“You know you would tell me sooner or later so just say it now.” I said as she gave a deep sigh.

“Where are we moving to next ? What bout Josh and Chris and Brittany or Cassie ? We can’t just leave them I know you wouldn’t do that, plus as much as you hate Cassie she hasn’t been as annoying or judgemental as usual.”

“I never planned on leaving any of them behind Nat, Josh is like our big brother he’s been with us since we were nine, Brittany is our best friend we couldn’t get rid of her no matter how much we tried, and Cassie is her cousin so I can’t leave her no matter how much I want to, which is a hell of a lot. As for Chris, well, he’s gonna come but don’t expect things to go back to normal with us."

“Do you still love him ?.”

I could see the hope in her eyes as she asked that, she knew I still did I was like a book to her she knew everything some times before I did, which was so fucking annoying.

“You already know the answer to that so stop asking when ever something related to him is brought up."

“I do know the answer, so does he and every one else. So do you so why won’t you admit it to your self and say it out loud ?.”

“Cuz people could hear me.”

“Don’t begin to get sarcastic with me, save it for the others."

We both chuckled. She knew it was my go to when I was in a situation I didn’t like, which was most of the time.

“Look, after what happened I don’t feel like we could ever be the same again, its uncomfortable to think what happened with her and he couldn’t do anything.”

“Li we don’t even know who that girl was. She could be dead now or lost.”

I just stared at her cuz she knew how I would take that.

“Not saying you did find her and hurt her, those days are behind you.”

“Oh thanks Nat, I feel on top of the world now !.”

“Ohh shut up” she laughed and hit my arm.

I miss these moments where we just got to sit and talk about school, boys, what we wanted to do when we grew up, but we couldn’t. We were already getting older and our lives were getting better but we have no further plans after tomorrow.

“Get some rest Nat, we need to be on that boat by six and neither of us are great in the morning’s.”

“Everything is ready ?. What if we are a while into the journey and some one realises we aren’t suppose to be working there ?.”

“Do you really doubt me ?. I’m hurt."

“Yh your right, stupid question."

With that we both turned back over and began drifting off to sleep.

“Nu’night Li.”

“Nu'night Nat.”