CHAPTER 7 - Say Bonjour to the truth

Lila’s P.O.V

Autumn in Paris. The most perfect words anyone could ever say. Golden leaves drifting down from the trees that swayed above my head, the smell of fresh croissants flying out of the bakery window. I went and sat at this cute cafe that did the best cup of tea with jam on toast and waited for my sister.

“Bonjour Lila.”

“Bonjour Natasha” She came and sat beside me on the sofa.

“Everyone is asking where you are, your never around anymore.”

“Sorry bout that I do want to spend more time with you all just someone else has been taking up all my time, work related stuff.”

“Work stuff, really Li that’s the best you can do. If work was bothering you that much you would of given a mouthful to the boss by now and Josh would have told us bout it cuz him an Andre have gotten close lately. So tell me the truth.”

“Ever thought I want to keep at least one job without my attitude getting me fired.”

“Where’s the guy Li ?.” she stared at me like she wasn’t able to blink.

“There is no guy Nat I just want to keep my job.”

“Liar liar pants on fire”

“Oh god that’s so old.”

“Just like your excuse.”

“Fair enough, yes there is a guy and you already know him.”

“Who is it ?.”

“Andre and before you say anything yes I know what I’m doing I have a brain and I know how to use it.”

“Gwan Li.”

“I don’t wanna talk bout it tho. And looks like we can’t.”

Brittany came running into the cafe with tears in her eyes and sat on the other side of me on the sofa.

“Ok” she said taking a deep breath “What’s your news before I tell you mine.”

“Li goes out with Andre the bloke who owns the boat.” Nat nearly screamed. “What ? You didn’t say not to tell anyone plus you would of told her anyway in the next couple hours.”

“Yh I would of. So what’s with you Britt ?.”

“First of all that’s super cute and I already know cuz I saw you both like two weeks ago but waited for you to say something cuz it might of just been a friends with benefits thing but anyway. Second I think Josh is cheating.”

“Wait what, Josh is so loyal are you sure ?.” I was stunned and Nat couldn’t say anything, this wasn’t the Josh we knew.

“He's been messaging this girl from Spain for months now an at first I was cool with it cuz they were friends an then he said she was at a rough patch and blocked him but the only patch she’s in is a wet one !.”

“Wait... Josh and this girl have been... like...” I cut Nat off.

“Sexting ?. I didn’t even know that he knew what it was.” I seriously didn’t.

“Yh I told him what it all was. He’s too clean and I wanted a little dirty time even when we couldn’t see each other.”

“Didn’t need to know all that.” I wanted to be sick.

“I’m terrified of going to Spain on this trip what if they meet up ? I don’t wanna lose Josh but I also wanna slap him so hard for lying.” Brittany started to tear up so she moved in between me and Natasha and we gave her a hug.

“Lets just forget bout boys and do some shopping, we always wanted to come here.” Nat suggested.

“I thought you’d never say that” Brittany dried her tears.

We grabbed our coats and bags and went shopping in Paris.