Thorin

"Please! You know I can fight!" I begged my leader, Thorin.

"No I will not say it again Brillian, you cannot go. It is too dangerous." he said rubbing his temple.

Tomorrow he, and a company of other Dwarves would set out to reclaim Erebor, and I wanted to go. I needed to go. Erebor was my home too, and I have just as much right as the men to fight for it.

"Why do you think that I am some weakling? I can take care of myself!" I said getting mad.

Thorin looked up, his proud features etched with a kind of sadness.

"I do not think you are weak," he said taking my hand, "far from it Bri, but you need to trust me. You must not go."

Anger flared in me and I yanked my hand out of his grasp. "I see how it is my lord." I said with a sneer as I stormed out of the room.

"Wait! Come back Bri!" He yelled out the door and coming after me. So I ran, and ran until I left him behind and reached Fili's room, my long time best friend. Who also happened to be Thorin's nephew.

I slammed the door behind me and Fili jumped up, surprised at my entrance.

"What in the Misty Mountains is wrong with you?" He questioned, motioning for me to sit down.

"Your uncle that's what!" I exclaimed, "He says I cannot go to Erebor with you all."

Fili assumed a shocked expression on his face and I rolled my eyes. "Do not even pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about Durin, I heard you and Kili talking about it last night."

He smiled at me sheepishly. "I thought we talked about your problem with eavesdropping! Anyway, I wanted too tell you but uncle told us not too." I frowned as he continued. "I want you too go, but uncle doesn't want you too because he lo- because well he has his reasons!" he stuttered the last part. He smiled nervously.

"What we're you going to say?" I asked, my anger calming and my curiosity sparking.

"N-nothing! I have nothing to hide!" he laughed nervously, looking around.

"Oh no you don't Fili Durin, tell me what you were going to say." I said crossing my arms and staring him down.

He laughed as he saw my expression and sighed. "Well it is not my place to actually tell you, that is up to Thorin, but I can say he has good intentions. He cares about you very much, Brillian. You have to understand that." he said with a sincere and knowing look on his face.

I narrowed my eyes, not wanting him to see my resolve melting.

Try to think about it from his point of view, he does not mean too make you mad."

I looked away when I saw Fili smirk. "You know you can't stay mad at him, I know how you feel about him Bri."

I blushed and felt my stomach drop as I pictured the look on Thorin's face when I walked away. Guilt began to set in and I sighed.

"I suppose you are right Fili, thank you." He smiled smugly and I punched him in the shoulder, smiling.

"When did you grow up to be so wise, little Fil?" I asked laughing.

"I'm not, I just tell it how it is." He said laughing. I chuckled quietly as I heard a knock on the door.

"Fili! Fili is Brillian with you?" I heard Thorin say from the other side. My heart pounded as I shook my head no at Fili.

He smiled devilishly and laughed. "Yes she is! Come in!" I elbowed him hard in the arm as Thorin cautiously walked in.

Fili stood and walked to the door, rubbing his arm. "Be careful with this one, she is a might fiesty." he said dramatically, walking out the door and turning one last time to wink at me before he shut it.

I stood, turning to face Thorin, my head down. I took a shaky breath and began. "Thorin, I'm so sorry for how I acted, I shouldn't have said what I did. But I still don't understand why I can't go."

I saw his feet walk closer to me. "It's ok, I am the one at fault. I should have told you that I love you long ago."

My head snapped up and I stared at him with wide eyes. "W-what?"

He reached up and tucked a lock of my long brown hair behind my ear. "You heard me Bri, I am in love with you. I have been for years but I always feared telling you. I admit that I am stubborn but you bring out the best in me." he said, his hand now caressing my face.

"That's the reason why I didn't want you to go, I couldn't bear it if I lost you my dear." He said tears welling up in his eyes. "I understand if you... don't feel the same way but-" I cut him off by pulling him into a tight embrace. His arms circled around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you too, Thorin Oakenshield." I whispered into his ear. He squeezed me and we separated.

"Come, let's get you prepared for the journey." he said smiling.

"Really!" I exclaimed grabbing his hand.

He smiled "Really."

He then leant forward and kissed me ever so softly. His hands cupped my face and my hands rested on his shoulders. When we seperated for air we walked to the door. Upon opening it Kili and Fili fell on us, making us one big pile on the floor.

"So I guess this means me and Fili get first watch?" Kili asked.

I shook my head and laughed. Fili smiled at me and winked.

I rolled my eyes. "What did I tell you about eavesdropping?"

So what did y'all think? Let me know, and don't forget I take requests!