Éomer

Imagine being the younger sister of Boromir and Faramir during the Battle of Helms Deep. You are part of the Fellowship and you meet Éomer for the first time. ☺️ much to the displeasure of Boromir (who is still alive at this point!)

"(Y/N/H)! To your right!" yelled Boromir, barely able to be heard above the din of battle.

You instinctively turned right, your blade slicing the throat of a godforsaken Orc.

He smiled at you, but turned back around killing two Orcs with one slash of his sword.

"Show off" you muttered to yourself.

You continued on fighting, wondering when, or if, help would arrive. Your energy and courage were quickly draining.

Suddenly, a light broke through the black sky.

From the hills rode Gandalf, along with the remainder of the Rohirrim. You let out a whoop as the extra help joined the battle.

On you fought, but nearing the end of the battle you didn't see the Orc coming up behind you.

"Look out!" shouted a voice from behind you. You turned around just in time to see a golden haired man on a horse, chopping off the head of the Orc that had his scimitar raised to kill you.

"Thank you, sir." you told the man, very thankful indeed.

"Do not mention it, my lady." said the man smiling, as he rode off to destroy the enemy.

Soon enough the battle was through, and when the smoke cleared the results were victorious. However, many men were lost.

In the confusion of battle, you had lost track of your companions and walked alone, up to the group of survivors forming. A large gash gaped across your forehead but you ignored it.

You spun around ready to fight when you heard something approaching from behind.

"Woah there, do not worry," said the man from earlier, "I am not an Orc."

You took in his handsome features and realized, your mysterious savior had been Éomer. You, Gimli, Aragorn, and Legolas had come across him when you were searching for Merry and Pippin.

"I am terribly sorry my lord, I didn't recognize you for a second," you apologized.

He chuckled and shook his head. "It's quite alright Lady (Y/N/H)," he trailed off, concern crossing his face, "that's a vicious looking cut, are you feeling well?"

You shrugged and nodded your head, making you wince in pain. "Yes?"

Éomer shook his head. "Ok then. Come, get behind me," he decided, extending a hand towards you.

Nervousness took over. "Oh that won't be necessary my lord, but thank you."

He raised his eyebrows, clearly not believing your story. "If you insist."

You stumbled forward for a few steps, your stubbornness taking control. You lost your balance after 5 feet and felt strong arms catch you.

You were pulled into the air, and onto a horse. Your once again rescuer, was Éomer.

"I see you are very headstrong, my lady. However, it is ok to ask for help every now and again," he said, laughter evident in his voice.