Anytime (Frodo x Reader)

So... this wasn't a request. I'd just really like to dedicate this to my Mom, she was one of the most important people in the world to me. I miss her a lot right now, and it just kind of helps to write about it. It'll be in first person, but you could easily put yourself in their place. Hope you enjoy❤️

Twas a lovely fall day in the Shire.

The leaves were hues of red, yellow, and orange.

The air smelled of campfire smoke and pumpkin pies being baked. Becca breathed in the scent deeply, the chilly air turning her rosy cheeks even rosier. She tied her scarf a little tighter and continued on her merry way to the market.

The first thing to pick up, was definitely some new yarn. The colors were autumn themed, and the thick soft wool felt delightful on her fingers.

As she surveyed and chose which ones to buy, another Hobbit passed her way, stopping in his tracks when he saw her. He quietly came up behind her and tapped lightly on her shoulder.

She turned around, a bit startled to be honest.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, "hello Frodo."

He smiled sheepishly.

"Hello Becca," he said nervously, "I'm very sorry if I've startled you."

"No, of course not," she reassured him, "it's no problem at all. What brings you to the market today?"

He shrugged, looking around curiously.

"Nothing in particular," he admitted, "just wanted a walk."

"Well," she said, right jolly, "I'll be doing a lot of walking around the market if you'd like to join me."

A slow smile spread across his face.

"Sure, that sounds pleasant," he said quietly.

She smiled jovially.

"Great!"

With that she turned around, and picked out three skeins of yarn. Deep red, burnt orange, and a golden yellow. After paying they walked down to the bakery, the smells inside more than inviting.

When they went in, she had to restrain herself from running to the counter, as her inner child might've done. She thought that she had done it coolly, but Frodo noticed and smiled, intrigued by her strangely endearing behavior.

The choices seemed endless, and they all looked so good!

But Becca knew exactly which ones to get.

She at first ordered two snickerdoodles, but added a third. For her friend.

After they left, it was off to the dress shop. However, Frodo suggested they might stop and get a drink of hot apple cider. Becca heartily agreed, the air still possessing a bit of a chill.

As they sat and drank, silence ensued. But it was okay. It was comfortable. Every now and then, Becca would look up to find Frodo looking at her, and they'd quickly look away, blushing deeply.

After their refreshments, they continued onto the dress shop, where Becca asked the owner to see the sales pile.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "some of them are very damaged."

"That's ok," Becca smiled, "that's perfect."

So on she looked, even enlisting the help of Frodo.

"Tell me when you find a simple, nice looking white or off-white one," she asked politely."

He seemed shocked she would ask a guy for help, but he complied. Soon enough he came across a simple off-white dress. It had lace around the collar and came to the knees.