Bilbo

First Bilbo imagine! Yay! Imagine traveling with your brother, Thorin, and the company when you meet Bilbo. Along the way you fall in love. When the journey ends, and Erebor is reclaimed, (nobody dies!) Bilbo decides to go about a very delicate matter...

Bilbo smiled as he watched you stand next to his best friend, your brother. You were discussing with him preparations for a banquet that would welcome the rest of your kin home.

You still looked just as beautiful as that night that you met in the Shire, almost a year ago. Your eyes shone with triumph, happiness, and, he dared to say, love.

Yes, that's right, Bilbo had snagged your undiminished heart on the journey. It was his his excellent burglary, he thought to himself, that really did the trick. His heart was filled with wonder and light, and he really relished having agreed to go on the journey. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have met you.

All these things ran through his mind as he fiddled with the ring in his pocket. Now, I know what you're thinking. And no, it is not (looks around nervously before whispering): The One Ring. That ring was safely stowed in his knapsack. On the contrary, the ring he now pinched was beautifully crafted, made by the Dwarves themselves.

It was embellished with sapphires and the band was mithril. Of course, such a special ring as this had one purpose... Best Friends Forever!

Just kidding! It's a wedding ring!

You bet your lucky stars Bilbo was going to put a ring on that! He really could think of no better end to the journey then to say that you were forever his. Everyone in the Company knew you liked each other, but what they didn't know, especially Thorin, was that you were in love. At night when you had watch he would sit up with you, and talk about everything under the great wide moon. In that time, under the light of stars, you fell in love. Your cooking also was a great insinuation, but that is a story for another time.

He loved to recall the night it all was confessed. He had been thinking of telling you for a couple days now, but just couldn't find the right moment. Well, that night during watch, the two of you got to talking as normal.

You were laughing to the point that tears were streaming down your face, and you were having a hard time laughing quietly, as everyone else was asleep. Bilbo was laughing as well when he looked at you and his heart almost stopped.

The fire light made your face glow with an angelic quality, your laughter filled his ears like sweet music, and in that moment, he knew.

He loved you.

By now, you had noticed the strange expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" you asked skeptically.

He didn't reply, he just reached for your hand and placed a gentle kiss on your knuckles.

"If what I feel is wrong," Bilbo claimed, "then wrong has never seemed so right," he paused, staring into your eyes, "(Y/N/H), I do surely love you."

You smiled, and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"As surely as the sun will rise, I love you too."

He was pulled from his reverie and quickly folded his hands behind him, because you and Thorin were coming towards him.

Your face was rosy when you smiled at him and he gave you a gentle nod and smile. Thorin noticed this exchange, but decided not to comment on it.