Legolas: Request

This was requested by Silverfeather__ imagine being in an arranged marriage with Legolas. You are completely against it, until someone convinces you other wise...

Everyone really needs to see the sunrise over Rivendell, you thought. There was nothing, nothing, more beautiful. In your opinion anyway. The orange and pink light reflected on the water falls, making a kaleidoscope of wonder.

You sat marveling at this when your father, Elrond, came and sat beside you.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asked coolly.

"Yes," you agreed, "it is."

"Do you ever wonder what other places look like? Like perhaps Mirkwood?" he nonchalantly suggested.

You looked at him sideways.

"Maybe. Why do you ask, father?"

He took a deep breath, and set his hand on your knee.

"We will be soon making a trip there, only you won't be returning," he answered, eerily calm.

"What?" you practically shouted, "what do you mean?"

"King Thranduil and I agreed on this a long time ago... Arwen is already long gone so this falls to you. You've been arranged to marry his son, prince Legolas."

You stood abruptly, backing away from him.

"How could you? This my life!" you protested, "I won't leave Rivendell! I won't!"

He smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry (Y/N/H), I really am," he said as tears formed in his eyes, "I wish you didn't have to leave either, but it has already been decided. We leave tomorrow morning."

"No," you decided, "I won't."
..............................

The next morning, you sat on your horse, all ready to go. Your father rode up next to you and patted your shoulder, and you took off.

It was a long and agonizing journey, though you couldn't help but wonder what the prince would be like.

When you finally got to the immense forest of Mirkwood, you thought you might start bawling, but you kept it together. Even when you finally stood in front of the King, you kept your cool.

"Welcome, Lord Elrond and Lady (Y/N/H)," Thranduil greeted warmly, "to Mirkwood."

You both brought your hands in an arc out from your heart.

"Thank you," Elrond replied, "it is a pleasure."

The King smiled and waved at the shadows behind him.

"May I present my son and only child, Legolas," he introduced.

Out from the shadows stepped a tall Elf. He had long golden hair, and was impeccably dressed. His eyes were crystal blue. The only wrong thing about him was the look on his face.

Boredom.

That irked you, for some reason. Didn't he think it was kind of momentous to be meeting ones future spouse?