Ignite (Fili x Reader)

This is dedicated to EleanorLearn

Not all love stories start this rough, nor do they end as beautifully.

In the midst of pouring rain, battles leaving scars, and fire breathing dragons, two souls collide. Knocking, running, and trampling over each other.

It's wild.

It's crazy.

But it has the power to ignite the night, and push the darkness from its cracks.

This is a story of a boy and a girl. Both in peril together, the reader may think that the boy saves the girl. On the contrary it is she, who saves he.

"Run!" Fili shouted, "go!"

In that moment, everything seemed to slow down. The only thing that (Y/N/H) could hear was her own panting.

Fili's mouth shaped words, but they went unheard.

Instead of running backward, she went forward, drawing her sword. Moments of the trip flashed before her eyes.

The day she met him in the Shire, her hair untamed and the only knowledge of Orcs was what came from legends. His crystal blue eyes had drawn her in, and being very Tookish in nature, she leaped into the mystery before her.

That night early on when she had been very cold. She lay there shivering, not being used to the cold that seemed to reach down into the very bones. Like a hug, an extra fur weighed upon her suddenly, and when she looked up she was met with those blue eyes. And a smiling face, surrounded by blonde hair. It faintly reminded her of a lions mane.

After Goblin Town, when the cut she received on her leg made it impossible to walk. He had been the first one to volunteer to carry her, and so he did. At first it had been a little less than awkward, but before either of them knew it they were best friends by the time they reached Beorn's forest.

When they had been captured in Mirkwood, and taken prisoner. They thought themselves lucky when they were both jammed into the same cell. There in that ever present darkness, she had reached for his hand, and was received warmly when he grasped her hand firmly. They sat and talked for hours, until Bilbo came to rescue them. When he opened the door, he saw Fili's arms wrapped tightly about her, her head on his chest. And he smiled at his little sister and her possible courter.

Lastly, when the dragon Smaug was killed, and they had to watch Thorin be taken by the dragon sickness. It was hard for Fili to watch his uncles mind dissolve, but she was there for him. And at last, all had been righted.

But they weren't out of the woods yet.

(Y/N/H) continued running forward, sword held high and a battle cry issuing from her mouth.

She ran towards Azog from behind, and with a great leap swung the sword upon his neck. It did not decapitate him, but he fell to the ground with a might roar. He tried to turn and swing at her but Fili struck his neck again with his sword.

The lifeless head fell with a thunk to the frozen ground, and black blood spurted everywhere.

Fili took one look at her, and before she knew it she was in his arms. He cried hot tears into her hair and she deeply breathed in his smoky and wild scent.

"If it wasn't for you," he choked out, "I would've died."

"Shhh," she calmed, "I thought it was time I returned the favor."

"You'll marry me won't you?" he asked suddenly.

"Yes of course. As soon as the sun sets on this gruesome day."

He smiled at (Y/N/H), and off they ran. They lended a hand to Kili, saved his life and Tauriel's. Once the last Orc had been cut down, there was much rejoicing. And weeping. Many were lost, but there was something to be happy about. Reconciliation between Thranduil and Thorin's kin. And a marriage.

As soon as the sun went down, Fili and (Y/N/H) approached Gandalf, who was sitting with her brother Bilbo and Thorin.

"Gandalf, if you would oblige us and marry us at once, we would be forever in your debt."

He smiled a knowing smile and walked away with the two of you, leaving a shocked Dwarf and Hobbit behind.

Once the deed was done, there was a toast.

"To a long life, and many adventures my love," he told her.

She replied: "The greatest one has already ignited: us."

So? Sorry it's a bit shorter than usual. Hope you liked it!