Thranduil: Request

This is for princesslily15 :) enjoy!

Imagine being Thorin's daughter and falling in love with a certain Elven King in Mirkwood.

You could honestly kill your father right now.

You and said Dwarf were standing in the realm of Mirkwood, before the king, Thranduil.

Now you're a proud Dwarf, but you aren't without manners. Your father Thorin on the other hand, not so much.

He glared unabashedly at the king, and the tall Elf glared right back.

They were arguing, and so far you had been standing at the back of the throne room, a guard on each side.

Things got heated and Thranduil got in your fathers face. All of a sudden an ugly and painful looking scar briefly appeared on the Elf's proud face.

You felt your heart throb inside you, and compassion for the cold monarch in front of you.

His piercing blue eyes flitted to where you stood, and when he saw you he straightened himself up and took a step back.

"Well, I did not know I was in the presence of such a beautiful lady. Pardon me, madam." he spoke smoothly, a small smile on his face.

Thorin whirled around and gave you a threatening glare. "(Y/N) pay him no mind." he said curtly.

You smirked at your dad and turned to face Thranduil. "Your pardon shall only be accepted if you listen to my fathers plea, as it is also mine."

His smile faded ever so slightly. "And what is your plea? What is so important that it would be worth risking the wrath of Smaug?"

"The home of my fathers," you whispered sadly. "One that I long to know." At this your dad stepped forward and put a hand on your shoulder, but you shook it off.

Thranduil shook his head. "No."

You took a deep, shaky breathe. "But... But I can help you." You said taking a daring step forward.

"(Y/N) Oakenshield!" your father boomed, "I forbid it! I thought we talked about this."

Thranduil raised his hand to silence Thorin and wave off the guards. "How can you help me? How is there any help for me." he said sullenly, his eyes full of remorse and pain.

"Do you trust me?" you asked quietly.

He raised one eyebrow and slowly nodded. He said something to the guards in Elvish and they left leaving just you, him, and your dad. You beckoned him closer until he was right in front of you. He got on his knees so that you were almost face to face.

You gently laid your hand on the side of his face, the one that had a magic screen covering the devastating wound.

He flinched and his eyes went wide with surprise. "Trust me." You whispered once more.

You closed your eyes and it began. In your mind you saw flashes and moments from his life.

The day he took his first steps, 6,000 and some years ago.

The day he met his wife, her hair blowing in the breeze. All the while your heart grew fonder and softer towards this hurt creature.