Chapter One

It's a sad day of 1980. Contrary to everything sun is shining. But no one is happy. Cemetery is filled by people wanting to say goodbye to friend and legend of music - John Lennon. His songs play in the background but no one listens. The Beatles stand near to the grave with John's family.

George is very pale but still bears it better than Ringo. They stand at the side and hug each other tightly.

Paul is totally broken inside. He cries like he's never gonna stop. No one knows that his tears are not for only a band mate, but for hidden love.
One hour later, ceremony is finally over. Everyone invited goes on funeral banquet. McCartney can't take it for long, so they come back home with Linda. Paul cries all the time. Wife wants to cheer him up, but he locks in his room and stays there. Linda is scared, children are scared, daddy is depressed. He stays in his room for couple of days, only goes out to bathroom. Barely eats and drinks.
After few days of this silent gloom there is knocking at the door.

"Go away" shouts Paul in answer.
"Paul it's me" George stars "Ringo's here too"
"Paul you have to get out!"
"Go. Away."
"But Paulie it's important" Ringo cries.
There is no answer though.
"It's about John..."
"...what?"
"We... we have an idea..." Ringo begins but Geo stops him seeing Linda in the corridor.
"Just go with us"

Paul finally opens the door.

He looks really bad: dark circles under eyes, stubble and messed hair. But the saddest thing is his face, full of pain. Ringo doesn't look better. With George, distress is only in his eyes. He wants to tell them to leave him alone. No one can replace him John.
John, who he loved so much, but he was too afraid to tell him. And now he's gone forever. Macca blames and hates himself. Nothing can help him while drowning in apathy. Until friends tell him, that plan is about John. His name makes Paul's heart beat faster. Still.

He finally accedes to their plan and quickly dresses up. He says quick 'goodbye' to puzzled Linda and leaves with the guys. They go slowly to Ringo's place. Paul can't stop thinking about John. His face, smile. Everything related to him. When they finally get there, there was a time for answers.

"Sooo? What's the plan?" Paul asks.
His friends exchange meaningful glances.
"Have you ever heard about spiritistic sessions?" George begins to explain.
Macca gets suspicious. "Uhmmm"
"We want to organize something like that" Ringo says.
"You know... to talk with John. Maybe there's a way for him to get back."

Paul is furious and disgusted that his friends make fun of Lennon, when his body hasn't even cool down yet. Pain hits him again.

"Are you mad?! It isn't funny! Don't you have any respect for dead man?" Tears of anger and suffering come to his eyes.
"...but we are serious" George tries to avoid Paul's gaze.
Ringo opens his eyes wide. "Let's just try"

For the first time since John's funeral McCartney feels so deep emotion. It's anger. Pain tears his body and friends don't need to make it deeper.

"Are you fuckingkidding me?! What's the hell happened to you through all the years?"
"Paul, calm down" George sighs. "We can just try. No one's going to be hurt"
"You're crazy. Definitely" Paul thinks with abomination, thinking he could stayat home.
"Please. It can work. Don't you want to see John again?" George tries topersuade.

Plenty of tears stream down Paul's cheek. He sniffs.
"Do you at least know how to do it?"
"Well, I heard some things..."
"Okay then, but this is madness." Macca answers after a while.

Still can't believe he's doing it.

***

Hello to my new story!!
It's my favourite child (even tho it's not perfect) so I hope you like it
Let me know what do you think c:
Love you all ♥♥