Chapter Six

Happy company of the King, Moonie and John Lennon go through corridors of Hell. "It's here, Stan's apartment." Keith says pointing at the door.

They knock. After a while Satan, wearing pink pajama with upside down crosses, opens.
"You? At this time? What do you want?"
"We've got something important!" Drummer screams.
"Yeah?"
"I..." John coughs nervously. "I want to know how to come back on Earth, but without conjuring or something."
Satan stays silent, frowning. His face is serious. The three become confused.
"...You really miss Earth, don't you, Lennon? First, conjuring and then coming on your own? Why should I let you and nobody else?"
Ex-Beatle wants to say something, but Keith interrupts him.
"Because Keith Moon, the King and John fucking Lennon are asking about it?"
"Exactly" Elvis agrees.
There's a silence. Finally, devil shrugs.
"Well, why not?"
Lennon sighs with relief and so do his hellmates. "Thank you"

Satan remands Presley and Moon. With one snap of his fingers door and every window close.
"Okay, listen here, Lennon. I can send you back on Earth, but only one time. No exceptions, otherwise the boss will get mad."
"One time? Only?"
"I mean, of course, there's a way, but that's something your mates must do: unearth your body and revive it. Elixirs, alchemy, that stuff. You get it. But your soul is connected with Hell anyway, so you can go back for only three hours a day."

John tries to understand what devil just said. He laughs at thought of ex-Beatles digging for his body and taking it out of coffin in the middle of a cemetery. It sounds irrational.
"How the fuck are they supposed to do that?"
"That's not my problem. Good luck, whatever you're doing, Lennon. Now go and don't bug me." Satan snaps his fingers again.

John feels jolt and suddenly he appears in his bedroom... in his home.
Lennon looks around. It's dark.
He looks at the clock: 2:50 AM. Good.
How did Satan say? Three hours... he'll manage on time.

He notices Yoko sleeping on their bed. He hasn't seen her for so long... He's got a chance to tell her everything. Explain that she doesn't have to worry about him, he's alright. And instead he's going to talk with his best friend, who confessed his love not so long ago. John's going to explain that he doesn't feel the same... but maybe... No! He had wife and children, who he loved and still loves... Sean!
He heads to his kid's bedroom. Sean is so young, it must be hard for him... For everyone would be... Lennon remembers his own childhood with aunt and wonders, why does it have to be like this?
One word and he can talk to him again. Only has to wake him up...

He looks at the clock. Time is running.

Ex-Beatle goes out and makes his way to bassist's house. He has no problem with coming in, another benefit of being ghost. He comes to Paul and Linda's bedroom, feeling a bit strange walking around friend's home in the middle of the night, but does he have a choice? He must save their friendship before they make him come back.

John sees sleeping Linda. How can Macca even think about him having such a beautiful wife?
She is alone. Of course, Paul is so sad, probably doesn't want to talk to anybody, so he closed himself in the other room. Poor lad...
He leaves unaware Linda and goes to talk with Macca.

Lennon arrives to one of many rooms in Paul's house. All over the place the silence is interrupted only by ticking clock.
McCartney lays in a whirl of sheets. He looks so tired and miserable. John catches himself on thinking how beautiful he looks when he's sleeping. He throws away this irrational thought and comes closer to the other man's bed.
"Paul..." Ghost whispers.

Man wakes up. At the sight of John he blinks fiercely and makes sure it isn't a dream.
"Johnny? Is that you?" He asks with a gloom in his voice, shaking a bit. "What are you doing here?"
"I... I came here because I don't want to lose it all... our friendship..."
McCartney looks at the ground. "I've lost you long ago. When you died... When I fell in love with you... I've lost you. You were so close but so far away."
"But not all is lost yet!" Lennon says, staring at him.
"Oh, look at me, John. I couldn't even confess you my love when you were alive. And now you're a ghost, I love you and you're dead!" Macca stands up, comes to his best friend and makes a move like he wants to hug him, but fails. "You see? That's all..."

"No. There's a way" Paul looks at his friend with surprise and hope.
"I can come back. Three hours a day. Is that much? I don't know... But still that's something worth fighting. And the point is I'll be material. I'll have my body."
"How?"
"Oh, that will be a problem..." John feels stupid, but begins to explain everything Satan said.
"Did I understand? We have to unearth your body, make an elixir and give it to you during some crazy ritual?"
"Kind of..."

McCartney starts to laugh so hard, that he barely wakes Linda up. But he can't stop, until he falls on the bed and his laugh "But it's impossible..."
"It can work" Lennon says quietly.
There's a silence for a moment.
"Paul, listen, I'm really sor..."
"No. Don't talk anymore... John?"
"Yes?"
"Will you stay here, with me? Just like that?" Ghost nods and sits next to him.
Time pass without speaking in their own company and then John disappears. Paul stays alone.

***

Wow almost 1k words!
I hope you enjoyed
And holly crap shit's about to begin
I'm excited ^-^
Also I'm sorry if ther's some missed letters it's bc Wattpad hates me :/