Chapter Three

Back on Earth, Ex-Beatles sit in absolutely silence. The only sounds are their shaking breaths. Paul is the most nervous here.
Candles lights all the dark scenery. There's the big pentagram painted on the floor.
Harrison holds early mentioned book in hands.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Paul asks uneasy.
This man wants to see his friend so much, that he believes they can have John back again. Yes, this is desperation.
"Not exactly... There are some instructions here but...." He sighs.
"Never mind..."
Geo looks at the clock. "Midnight. Let's start then."
"It has to work." Ringo says.
"Yeah..."

Session begins.
They do everything they should, candles keep lighting, but there's one thing... nothing happens.
"It makes no sense." Paul is about to give up, resign, say goodbye to his dreams about Johnny.
"Let's try again." George persuades.
"Really? Do you believe it's gonna work?"
"I want to..."
He finds another spells, but without any progress. Macca wants to stand up and leave, but then...

BOOM!

"What the...? Where am I? Am I dead again? Is it even possible?"
"JOHN!" Guys scream.
"What? You fellas look like you've seen a ghost!" The ghost of John Lennon says and looks around.
He doesn't understand what's going on. First he was in hell, parting with Moonie and Elvis, when suddenly boom, he felt jolt... and then he appeared here.
"Paul! George! Ringo!"

McCartney trembles hearing his name. View of 'living' John makes his heart beat faster. He's a bit immaterial but it's still him.
Will Paul have courage now?

"What am I doing here? Are you dead too?"
"N-no" Answers Ringo after a while. "We conjured you up."
"Conjured up?"
"We wanted to see you one more time. Man, we miss you as hell." Harrison explains.
Ringo nods and Macca just stares at John with mouth slightly opened.
"Okay... I understand. What now?"
"Tell us, how are you doing?"
"I..."

Bassist stands up and slowly, like in trans, walks over to John.
"Paul?"
He slowly reaches his hand to Lennon. It goes inside out his 'body'. Everyone stare at him with confusion on their faces. Paul looks up at them and blushes.
"...Tickles?"
"No, but stop it anyway, you weirdo." Ghost says, but smiles slightly.
Macca sits down. "Good to see you again."
"Yeah, you too"

There's an awkward silence.
"Hey, tell us... how's there?" Guitarist questions.
"Whe... in Hell?"
Guys chuckle a little.
"Quite good... getting used to it..."
"You like it?" Starkey rises his eyebrows in disbelieve.
John relates all about how Hell really is.
"Wow..." That's all that shocked George and Ringo can say.
Lennon looks at his silent friend.
"Lost your tongue?"
"I... I just..." Paul can't find the right words. Seeing his hidden love is too much for him to handle.

"I'm surprised as well that you've done something as crazy as that..."
"It was all Ringo's idea." George smiles.
Ringo stares at the ceiling. "But it works, doesn't it?"
"Thank you, guys. I'm really..." Fire starts to fade away. "Shit, I have to go back. I'll come again, I promise. Wait for m..." Lennon disappears.
Nobody says anything. Everyone's shocked it worked.

"So..." George breaks the silence. "I didn't expect this to happen. You know..."
"Yeah, but now we know John's fine and that's the most important, doesn't it?"
"Yes." Say both Geo and Paul.
"To be honest, we all expected him to go to Hell, but who thought that's such a cool place?" Blue-eyed man laughs.

Paul is confused and full of emotions he doesn't understand. He suddenly doesn't want to be here anymore.
"Yeah... I'll be going. Thank you, seriously. Call me when... you know..." He quickly gets out Ringo's house.
"What's with him?" Drummer asks.
Harrison only shakes his head.

Few minutes later Paul is already in his home. It's very late, wife and kids are sleeping. McCartney quietly changes his clothes and falls in bed deep in thoughts.
If John came back... If it's not just a dream... He'll tell him. Next time. He doesn't know what will it change, but he can't hide his feelings anymore. Theoretically John's dead so it does not matter... but here things get complicated.
Macca thinks about it long and finally falls asleep.