Chapter Seven

Next day Macca doesn't feel better. Of course, he knows, that there's a way for John to partial revival. Also, he knows that even if they do it, Lennon won't love him back. And there's the plan too... Paul is not sure what will be more difficult – making an elixir or unearthing his friend's body.

He drowns deep in thoughts. Is that all worth it? Will he be able to have John back only as a friend? After his death he hoped that he'll forget but, well, it looks like they're meant to be.

McCartney calls Ringo.
"Yes?"
"It's me"
"Hi, Macca"
"Can I see you?" Younger man asks nervously.
"Of course... Mo stays with kids anyway..."
"Great, I'll be at yours about 4pm. And phone George, I must to tell you something"
"Oh, okay. C'ya"
"Bye"

After that Paul comes downstairs for breakfast. Fortunately, after last night, Linda stopped asking. To make up to them and to lighten up he goes on a walk with his family.
Everything would be the same as before, if there wasn't one person that cannot leave his mind.

John.

Macca tries to shake off those thoughts in so many ways. Nothing works. He plays the guitar, but releases the song only reminds him of someone.
Minutes seem like hours until there's finally 4pm. Paul slowly makes himself, tells Linda he's going out to meet George and Ringo and gets out.
He comes to drummer's house. After a while Harrison arrives too, eating a sandwich.

They sit together in the living room.
"Okay, what's going on?" Richard asks.
McCartney takes a deep breath. "I talked with John last night and..."
"Wait, you talked with him? Without conjuring and all?" George asks curious.
"Yes, he came to me and..." Paul tries to explain but it's hard with guys cutting his every word up.
"Why to you?"

Bassist's heart starts to beat fast. "I-I don't know... Just because, but..."
"But what?" Both Harrison and Starkey practically shouts.
"Will you let me finish? John told me that there's a way for him to come back in his own body. Just three hours a day... But it's still something, isn't it?"
Ex-Beatles don't say anything after Paul's words. George frowns.
"But why? Didn't he say he's having fun in Hell?"
Man in love tries desperately to find an answer for that. They can't know.
"Maybe he wants to? He misses Earth, right?"
"Okay, what's the catch?"

Macca falter a bit, awkwardly, but starts to explain.
There's a silence, until Ringo brakes it.
"Okay, let me make sure... We have to unearth dead body of John Lennon?"
"Yup..."
"From a grave? On a cemetery?"
"Yup..."
"You're fucked up"
Harrison nods in agreement.

"We can do this!" Paul screams with desperation in his voice. "No, we MUST do this!"
"It's impossible..." Geo mumbles.
"Nothing is impossible! When we started a band we were hearing the same!" McCartney barely controls himself, close to tears. Desire of seeing John tears him apart.

"Paul, you know that recording some songs is a bit easier then UNEARTHING BLOODY JOHN LENNON'S BODY?!" Ringo shouts at the last words.
"Just a little..." Bassist sighs. "Oh, please, don't you want John back?"
"Of course we want... It's just that all things must pass..." Harrison says avoiding his gaze.
"B-but..." McCartney doesn't give up with persuading. "We can try.."
"Paul... It's..." Ringo starts but Macca shouts again.
"If you won't help me, I'll do it myself!" He looks nearly mad.
"Paulie, calm down" Geo puts a hand on his arm. "We can't just go to the cemetery and..."
Paul uses his big, beautiful doe eyes.

Few hours later at the cemetery George sighs.
"I can't believe I'm doing this..."