Eleven.

*Chapter unedited*

Rain. One of my least favorite things in the world. It's cold and wet, and always seems to find a way to ruin your clothes. To my utter dismay, I was forced to walk in this horrid weather. Why? Because my mother found it necessary that I go out and fetch my father a pack of Cuban cigars.  

You see, the building that sold tabacco products was right down the block from us so a car wasn't required. 

"Excuse me." I mumbled as I accidentally pushed into someone on the sidewalk.  

"It's okay beautiful." the person stated. I snapped my head around, recognizing the voice immediatley.

Liam.

He grinned brightly at me, pure joy in his eyes. 

"Oh, Liam...hello." I greeted in surprise. I didn't expect him to be out on a day like this. Even though he was prepared with his large black coat and umbrella.

"As much as I am pleased to see you, I'm curious as to why you are out here on such a dreadful day." he said holding his one palm up as rain drops fell on it.

I clutched my coat closer to me, "My father needed some cigars." 

"Ah, I see. Well here, I'll walk with you, seeing as I have an umbrella. No need for you to catch yourself a cold because you got soaked." he said, shuffling closer to me so that we both now stood under his umbrella.

"Thank you." I smiled, glad I wasn't exposed to the cold water anymore.

"My pleasure." he said, staring down at me with gentle eyes. He scanned my face carefully, momentarily stopping on my lips.

"Shall we go?" I questioned softly, finding myself getting lost in his brown marble like eyes.

"Of course." he murmured, continuing to stare at my mouth.

I turned away quickly, feeling my cheeks burn.  My feet began to move forward, and soon enough we were both walking in sync.

"How have you been Elizabeth?" he asked curiously.

"I've been well. You?" I asked looking up at him for a second. I wasn't surprised when I found him staring at me.

"I've been great. Even though I will admit I did miss you greatly." he said sweetly.

I chuckled, feeling a weird sensation in my stomach.

"Miss me?" I questioned with a small smile.

He smiled back, "Of course. How could one not miss someone like yourself?" 

I giggled, "Mr Payne, you must stop with the compliments for I will just continue to blush like a mad woman." 

He grinned widely, "But I very much enjoy watching you blush."

I shyed away, looking straight forward. Luckily the cigar shop was close.

"You're too sweet Liam." I said seriously as we stepped towards the front doors.

Like any gentleman he opened the door for me, standing to the side patiently. I mumbled a quiet thank you, relieved to feel the heat from inside the shop hit my cold face.

"You're very welcome my love." he said, folding his umbrella and coming up beside me again.

I looked around the shop, finding the proper isle. I walked over, Liam following silently.

"Which kind does he like?" he questioned peering at the selection.

"Uh, Cuban...." I said, suddenly unsure of which box to choose. How was I to know anything about cigars?