Eighteen.

I walked out into the backyard with a scowl on my face. This morning my mother and I had attended a meeting with the NYES society. The enitre time I had to restrain myself from taking a fork and stabbing myself in the eyeball repeatedly. Afterwards, once we got home, my mother picked out the dress I was to wear tonight and I was not happy. Not only was it itchy and uncomfortable, but it was a hideous shade of green that resembled that of swamp water. She refused to allow me the option of picking out my own dress, saying that we needed to "impress" Liam tonight and that I lacked a sense of style.

Just the thought of his lingering eyes made me shiver slightly.

"Are you alright Miss Elizabeth?"

I nearly jumped a foot in the air at the sound of the voice.

Tanya stood, eyeing me with patient brown eyes.

I nodded, forcing a smile, "Yes I'm fine."

She nodded hesitantly before walking back into the house.

With a sigh I made my way down the steps of the patio and down onto the grass of the yard. I trailed over to the garden, brushing my fingertips along the colorful flowers.

My mind was filled with many thoughts; thoughts that were fueled by anger. My mother was beginning to test me, and the more she yelled and scolded me the closer I was getting to that line of snapping. I'm only in the NYES society because she wanted me to be. It's not like I chose to be apart of a group that included gossiping old women who refused to realize that they were aging. I didn't want any part of it really and it's now that I realize that I had mindlessly done it just to please her.

I sighed and began walking along the tight trail I had once encountered Zayn with when he first started working here.

The thought of him caused me to relax a bit.

My relaxed state only lasted a moment because not a second later my body filled with fear when a hand covered my mouth and an arm wrapped around my waist.

I screeched into the hand, yanking and thrashing quickly.

"Shhh," the voice cooed into my ear.

My heart pounded violently as I clawed at the hand, refusing to listen.

"Ow! Elizabeth, it's me!"

I froze, recognizing the voice. The voice that I wished to hear all day.

He released his grip on me, uncovering my mouth.

I quickly turned around, looking up at his innnocent expression. He cradled his one hand, which was covered in small cuts that came from my manicured nails.

My mouth dropped, "Oh my, Zayn I'm so sorry-"

He cut me off by kissing me with great pressure.

My eyes widened and I pushed him back, detaching our lips.

I felt bad when I noticed his confused and hurt face, "What's wrong?"

I looked around me, feeling a bit paranoid that someone might be watching us. If we were to get caught I'd be a dead woman.

"Zayn you can't just kiss me like that when we're so close to my house." I scolded him in a low voice.

He looked around, his cheeks becoming darker.

"Damn, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry, I-I don't know what I was thinking." he said quickly in embarassment. He refused to make eye contact and stared down at the ground, his eyebrows furrowed.

He went to run both hands through his hair but I quickly grabbing them with mine, intertwining our fingers.

He smiled down at them before looking up at me.