Twenty Six.

My hands were clammy, my muscles were tense, and my jaw was clenched. Overall I was uncomfortable. No matter how plush and cushiony these leather seats were, I could not find any comfort.

“I say we’ll get there around 3 o’clock, of course maybe later if we plan to make any stops for food and such.” Liam’s voice broke the silence of the car, making me turn to him.

I nodded, mumbling a small ‘okay’.

“Are you alright?” he asked immediately clearly sensing my discomfort.

I shrugged, quickly looking out the window. “Nothing, I’m just tired is all.”

My hands flattened out my dress as I eyed the passing nature.

“Oh I see. You can sleep if you want.” he suggested, reaching across and rubbing my stiff arm.

My chest rose unsteadily at his gesture, mentally cringing at the feeling of it.

“I can’t sleep in cars.” I stated bluntly, his eyes leaving the road for a second to look at me.

“Well, why don’t we play a game?” he offered, retracting his hand from my arm and setting it back on the steering wheel.

I grazed my fingers through the curls my mother had done for me before responding, “What kind of game?”

“Where you say something that you have done and I have to respond by saying that you have indeed done that or that you’re lying.” he explained, glancing at me for a second before looking back at the road.

I frowned, “Okay...I think i understand.”

I wasn’t exactly in the mood for games or talking. This entire day has been dreadful so far. My mother started it all by coming in my room this morning singing some happy tune as she yanked the covers off me. Then my father kept pestering me about being careful and not to be rude to Liam. Afterwards Liam’s family arrived and I had to watch on as mother and Karen giggled and cheered about Liam and I going alone together.Then when I was saying goodbye to my parents I had attempted to catch sight of Zayn outside but unfortunately I didn’t find him.

“I’ll start, I’ve gone camping before.” he stated smoothly.

I bit my lip trying to picture Liam in the woods. For a moment pictures of a dirty and sweaty Liam hit me and I actually felt hot at the thought.

“I think you’re lying. There’s no way you have gone camping.” I blurted, trying to ignore the images that had just flashed through my mind.

Liam glanced over at me, smiling brightly.

“You know me so well.” he commented, giving me a wink.

I chuckled awkwardly, “Well we’ve known each other since we were children.”

“True. But there are still many things we need to learn about each other.” he said, reaching over and grabbing my hand. My toes curled in my shoes when he intertwined our fingers casually.

“Your turn.” he stated, a small smirk on his lips, clearly happy that I was not removing my hand.

“Um,” I thought for a moment, attempting to think of something good.

“I’ve slapped someone before.” I stated, flicking my head back slightly to get the hair out of my face.

Liam began to laugh, his eyes squinting as his chest bounced up and down.

“No. That is false.” he concluded, clearly finding the thought of me hitting someone funny.

I don’t understand why that bothered me so much.

“Actually, it’s true. I slapped Aria when she called me a haughty prude.” the memory of that fight her and I had still fresh in my mind. We didn’t talk for four days. Four long days. Neither of us could stand it any longer so we quickly apologized and went back to how we were thankfully.

Liam’s laughter seized, sensing the irritation that was laced in my voice.

“Wow...I cannot imagine you hurting anyone. You just seem too innocent for that.” he commented.

“Yeah well maybe I’m not as innocent as I seem…” I say smoothly, surprised at my confidence.

I’m pretty sure that he thinks I’m being flirtatious now. Or at least that’s what that smile on his face is telling me.

“Now I’m curious,”

I felt my cheeks darken when he glanced over at me with a strange look in his eye.

“Curious about what?” I asked, slowly looking away from him and out the windshield.

“What things you’ve done.”

It felt like the air had been sucked out of the car. I struggled to inhale for a moment, clearly shocked by the sexual undertone in his comment. I tried to ease the tremors that ran through my body by clenching my hands into fists and squeezing my thighs closer together.

I stayed silent, not wanting to respond to his comment.

At my silence Liam quickly corrected himself knowing he had crossed the line.

“Uh, sorry. That was so rude of-”

“It’s fine.” I cut him off, slowly taking my hand out of his grip.

Almost four hours later we had gotten there. The journey there had been silent with little talk. He had officially made it awkward. But I didn’t mind not talking, I enjoyed the silence.

“Wow…” was the only thing I could say as I gazed up at the large brick mansion settled close to the beach. It was beautiful; the water, the trees, the house! I couldn’t believe I had never been to such a place.

“Yeah...it’s my father’s pride and joy.” Liam said, gripping our suitcases in both his hands.

“Not surprised. This place is stunning.” I commented, crossing my arms and slowly walking towards the house.

“Come on, it’s even better in the inside!” he walked past me, my eyes glancing at his muscles that seemed to bulge with the weight he was carrying in his hands. Again, I felt myself growing hot at the image.

I quickly shook my head and followed him towards the entrance.

(A/N) Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for the long break. School is finished now so I'll have time to update and such. Also, I'm sorry that this chapter was boring but I just need to get back into the story again. This was mainly just a filler. Thank you all so much if you havent left me yet! :)