Sixteen.

!!!!*I realized I made a huge error in this story. I said she lived in the Upper East Side of NYC yet here I have her meeting Zayn at a lake. LOL. Yeah there's no private lake like this in the city so I'm sorry for this stupid error. Anyways, it's too late to fix it so just pretend okay! Thanks*!!!!

"Oh Jesus this was a stupid, stupid idea!" I rambled nervously, holding my towel close to my chest as I stopped walking down the dirt pathway.

"No it wasn't. Calm down would you?" Aria convinced, grabbing my forearms and squeezing them gently.

"Listen, it'll all be okay. You did this for a reason remember?" she continued, staring me down with wide eyes.

"Uh," I didn't even know the reason as to why I invited him to accompany me today.

"Don't act like you don't know." she stated with narrowed eyes.

I shook my head and shrugged at the same time, my eyes wide and my mouth agape. I must have looked like such a fool.

"Let's just go back. Maybe he isn't even there!" I suggested, motioning my arm towards the direction of the lake. Only a few more yards and we'd be at the dock, where Zayn might possibly be waiting for me. 

I shifted, about to turn and run away, but instead was halted to a stop when her strong hands grabbed me and pulled me back.

I went to protest but before I could comprehend what was happening, she lifted her hand and made contact with my cheek.

"Ah!" I gasped, my face turned in the opposite direction. "What was that for!?" I hissed in irritation as I caressed my reddening cheek.

She pointed her red polished finger at me, "You are going, do you understand?" she spoke as though she were my mother.

I frowned slightly, the pounding of my heart picking up again. I didn't know why I had suggested we meet at the lake. It sort of just spilled out of my mouth. Like those moments where you're speaking before your brain can even process the words. Now that it was Saturday and it was after 3, I found myself shaking like a leaf with anixtey and worry. 

Too many questions were pounding my already sore brain.

What if he doesn't show?

What if it gets awkward?

Why did you invite him in the first place?

What were you two supposed to converse about?

Was he there already!? Waiting??

"Look, Elizabeth, I'm used to the sneaking around thing. It's not as terrifying as you think it is. I used to do this all the time with Harry remember?" Aria asked, face falling a bit at the mention of her love.

I rolled my eyes, "Aria, you and Harry were....," I paused, attempting to come up with the appropraite word. "L-Lovers." I stuttered awkwardly.

She raised an eyebrow, smiling in amusement when she noticed the red cheeks.

"And Zayn and I, are..a-are like...aquaintances." I finished, my eyes nervously flickering around as if the raven haired boy would step out at any given moment.

"That's true I guess...," she sighed, "But don't deny the fact that you're attracted to him." she said quietly, eyes holding some other emotion.

I nodded, noting that I wasn't as nervous as I had been.

"Call me later, okay?" she asked, already beginning to walk away.

I took a deep breath, nodding and waving her off.