Chapter 2

"Are we ready?" Dad asked while pulling up in the parking lot. Asking more to himself then to me or mom.

"Yep"

"No"

Me and my mom answer at the same time and I immediately put my head on her shoulder, comforting her, while dad draws circles on her palms.

"Common Tess, we knew this day would come..."

"Yeah mom," Her tears were rolling down her cheeks and in one swift move, my dad dryed them out. "I'll visit you on Christmas break, spring break... You and dad can visit grandpa Ken and granny Karen, and we'll be together. It's not the end, it's just the beginning of a new stage on my life."

"You're so grown up. Where is my cranky little girl and who is this smart, independent grown woman?" Mom asked while we stepped out of the car.

"She's probably locked up somewhere or burried in the garden." My dad joked and I gave him a side glare, announcing that he soon will be hearing some harsh words about himself.

"And here it starts." I helped him carrying the baggage and we went to the building with a big 'B' painted on the side of it.

"Memories..." My mom says clinging on to dad who is also nostalgic.

"Are you sure you want to awake the ghosts Tess?" My dad asked smiling, and then Ed the grossest thing for a kid to see (besides caught your parents having sex, which never happened by the way), kissing. But at least it was just a quick peck on the lips.

"Are you going to stand there or are you going to come, old man?" I provoked while opening the door for him and putting my foot in front so he would trip.

"You can be sure as hell, I'll come." He said and me and my mom reprehended him. Noticing my move he steps over gloating himself of how much his having tonight at the expense of me leaving home.

"Dad please!"

"Harry!"

"What, she knows were babies come from Tessa, do I have to remind you what we did to have her?" He arches an eyebrow when mom smacks his head softly.

I really did not need to hear this. I love my parents but when it comes to sex between the two of them, no one wants to hear about it.

"Harry, this is not the place or time to talk about that. You're a grown up man, not a college student."

"Mom's right old man." I joked while approachingmy dorm. Th keys are kind of heavy, and I still get confused with all these new ones.

When I finally open the door, a girl was is sitting on one of the beds talking to her parents.

"Hi! I'm Emery and I'll be you roommate!" I introduced myself when she gets up to greet me, while my parents just stood by the door, watching.

"Hi! I'm Natasha, but you can call me Tasha!" We shook hands and I smiled. My first impression is that she might be normal. I repeat might. You never know these days, everyone kind of have their own skeletons and I'm hoping she hers do not weight much.

Natasha is a tall, brown haired girl. She has hazel eyes and looks like one of those study-hard girls. Repeat, might be normal, but hey, my best friend back in NYC looked like he was a saint and he was quite a piece.

Her parents are very groomed. The woman, who I assume is her mother is tall, blonde and she kind looks like my mom. Which is kind of weird but moving on, dressed smart I'm assuming she's a soccer mom. But that's just my first impression. Comparing to Tessa, my mommy is in way better shape.

The father is wearing a grey suit, and much like Tasha's eyes, his eyes are hazel, but a little bit more beautiful. He's very handosome and the tattoo on his hand is very cool. Kind of reminds me of one I wanted to do but my father threatened he would cut my hand off if I did.

"Well, Tasha, we need to go now. If you need anything call us" The woman said as they quickly exited the room, and before doing so I noticed that Tasha's father was starring at my parents as if he knew them.

"Hang on a minute! I need to talk to you, quickly!" Tasha followed her parents out of the room and then I turned to mine, who were awfully quiet.

"What? Is there something wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost!" I asked as I looked at my surprised mother and angry father.

"You're getting a new dorm!" My dad bursted and I closed the door.