Chapter 11

"Paintball?!"

"Yep."

"Paintball?" I ask again as Caleb stops the car in front of a small establishment that has "PAINTBALL" written in big capital graffiti letters on front.

"Before we eat, I thought this was a cool way to spend our time." The boy winks at me and exits the car. I'm still overwhelmed. He could have chosen anything, but he chose paintball. What the fuck? That explains why he told you to wear dark clothes...

But guess what, I decided to come dressed in white.

"Shall we?" Caleb opens the door for me and he extends me his hand but I cross my arms and start walking to the brick building in the middle of the forest. After we gave our information to the guy behind the desk, they handed us the weapons and protection gear.

"Have you ever played this before?" I ask as I finish tying up my hair in a ponytail. With a cocky smile and a Rocky style headband on his head he answers.

"I play a lot of things... But this is my third favorite thing." He walks me to a door and when he opens it all I can see is people behaving like they're in war.

"You know, you go I'll stay here." I sit on a bench and continue to stare to the people outside. They look like ravished animals, and with a lot of experience. And Caleb expects me, a city chicken to do something like this.

"Don't worry. Just point and shoot. It's simple." He exemplifies and then sits beside me. "Do you wanna do something different? If you're scared..."

I get up very quickly and pretending I am not I say that I have more balls than he'll ever have.

"Okay Captain. Do you wanna go first?"

I breathe in and out and take a few steps and he copies my moves.

"We're a team." He looks me in the eyes as if he was trying to encourage me. "Don't ever forget that." We fist-bump each other and with that we start running  like crazy and I start a weird random shooting, while Caleb makes precise moves and eliminates everyone who gets close to us. When I finally understood how this all thing worked, I lost my fear and manage to shoot some of our opponents.

We continued to walk in the woods. We're all covered in mud and paint.

"See, it isn't that hard!" Caleb puts his back against mine and I can feel that his t-shirt is all wet.

"Yeah. With a little bit of practice, it becomes really easy." Our pink paint is starting to run out. "Soon we're gonna be out of amo Rambo."

"Don't worry McCale, I have it covered." He answers and suddenly we hear the voices of our rivals. "On three?" He starts counting like a scared kid and I burst.

"Just shoot already!" I command and we empty our guns and when we do we start running like hell. I don't have the same resistance as Caleb's, so I jumped on his back and while I launched a few "grenades", Caleb just ran as he could.

The others eventually stopped running after us, so when we reached a glade we decided to stop.

"That was..." I start but he finishes for me.

"Awsome? Tiring? Bananas?" We start laughing and I lay on the ground. It must only be 6 p.m. The weather is perfect and the trees create the perfect place to take a nap.

"You know, if you thought that this was a way for you to not paying me dinner you're very mistaken young man!" I say as I watch him sit beside me and smile.

"Don't worry. I'm still taking you to eat. But first I wanted to do something fun with you."

"Well, Mr Malik, congratulations you've managed to impress me. I thought going out with you would be more boring." I'm honestly surprised. We could be watching a movie or doing other boring stuff, but this alternative option was way better.