late summer blues ⚓

his mother spent her time by the ocean

   his mother spent her time by the ocean. caramel skin buried in the sand, no care for sand fleas. love came for his mother through an open window. tritons conk shell whisper reverberating through her ears on a summer night, he whisked her away in his sea foam breath and she danced blindly to the sound of a blue song. 

her black hair is tangled in his song now and she dances much slower than she used to. 

   jimins father had loved the blue pool so much; he had grown to believe his grandmothers belly had been the ocean, perhaps she had missed her son and in her grief had chosen to steal him back, because 2 days before jimins 17th birthday; the sea had called him back home. his mother had found herself on the lagoon much more often then usual these days. face struck moony as she gazed upon those cruel azure waves. 

   john lennon is captured in the seas breeze, jimin atop a sea foam comforter, eyes glazing at the sight of the grand canyon in a book his father had once brought home from his travels. he dreams of becoming lost in the heart of a mountain.

the sea would always be beautiful, but jimin lusted for a terrain of a different kind. 

   he had asked his father plenty to steal him for just one trip. his hopes much higher as a child; in his older years his pleads more of a joke, but pleads none the less. he prayed his father would one day see it was fire in his eyes and not the tsunami that raged inside of his own.