bluebird ⚓

safron shafted over the two

 safron shafted over the two. their heads engulfed in sunlight. yoongis boots kicked up sand while jimin sunk his bare feet beneath the grainy dunes. frothy indigo waves chased after them. yoongis hand had slipped into his; the exact time unknown to the two. yoongi talked in his rough mumble, his little hums plaiting jimins insides. surely, if you were to take an xray now, youd see that his core had interlaced to form pigtails.

   jimin remembered his mother in her silhouette dresses. ghostlike on her lithe figure, adrift in flaxon flare, looking like a goddess beneath the suns honeyed glow. jimin ignores the tide rolling up his chest and instead focuses on yoongis needle fingers between his and the dulcet hums spilling from his thin cherub lips. 

   he had never gone this far on the island before, had only watched his mother through flimsy white curtains. blue threatened to surge through him at the sight of green. lime fruits coming into view. yoongi smiled and jimin felt as if the sun had found its way inside him, that maybe if yoongi were to simply smile he would have somehow seen the earths entirety. perhaps yoongi was the earth, jimin wanted to voyage his entire being.

    summers sickness had left a massacre in its wake. the fruits had been sliced open, green flesh exposed, orange liquid spilling from their oval bodies. yoongi stepped over the orange green murder, pointy digits still in jimins. he used his free hand to pluck a few of the green fruits- the ones that had managed to live. yoongi became a child at the feel of the quaint green fruit in his palm, jimin couldnt help giggling at such mannerisms. 

   they walked home with hands occupied by papayas, both growing cold at the loss of the others fingers. 

   yoongi slipped his boots off at the door, but sand still managed to dot the redwood floors. jimin had surprised him, his dainty voice muttering that his mom used to fry the green fruits. yoongi had never been the greatest cook, but he felt as if he owed it to him, he found himself wanting to quite simply be there for jimin. the thoughts sprouted vines in his membrane. he thought of his travels but also of jimin, the two thoughts tangling into another. yoongis head became a jungle. 

(a/n; this chapter believe it or not too hella long to write + i still feel iffy about +++ i dont know shit about islands ,, sue me)