divers of dust ⚓

jimin woke up to find the morning had swallowed the nights magic

    jimin woke up to find the morning had swallowed the nights magic. the isles vengeful winds had swallowed nightfall whole.

   he walked out into the living room; somehow the nights magic had whisked him away to the bedroom. perhaps in the drunken autumn sonata of the night he had glided between the plush sea foam duvet without knowing. his mother too had vanished in the autumn daze. the red quilt was no longer lump against the lemon sofa. it lay flat and lifeless without his mothers quaint form beneath it. 

   the bones in his feet moved on their own as he rushed to the window, the curtains rustling as summers sickness brought them to life. his mother- as always was down by the ocean. her frame hidden beneath the isles gray veil. jimin slipped on his fathers blue cardigan, his petite figure much too small to fully fill it out. 

   he glided down the oil slick pebbles and into sand. sand grain and sea mist between his toes. the veil lifting to reveal his mother knee deep in the ocean. 

   'mama,' he whispered, the boy reached out to touch her, but she flinched at the graze of his caramel fingers.

   'mama,' he said louder this time, his voice creaky with feeling, but the woman was no longer his. 

   'mama please,' he went to wrap her in his arms, but she pushed him away.

'mama!' he yelled, tasting the oceans briny lips against his own, body cold as the sea suckled against him. tears glided down the jimins plump baby skin. 

   he had downed the ocean. a coldness like the oceans depths pulsed through him. he grabbed her once again, but her small body fought back. a game of yank and push played by her gaunt fingers and his stubby ones. jimin felt a hand graze against him, grew warm at the sudden contact of the mans palm. 

'jimin,' he said and the boy grew still, his mother taking advantage of this and plunged herself another few inches, the sea returned to his veins, he ran after her. yoongi followed. 

   yoongis arms came down around him, securing the boy in place, but jimin was the seas personal slave, biting and scratching against the mans translucent skin.

   'jimin...' the man said cautiously, thin lips almost kissing the side of jimins skull. 'how many times has your mother done this?' jimin let out a howl as he and the male became one, fingers and mouth coming to a halt. the mans frail fingers skimming across the chubby skin of the boys abdomen. he watched as his mother sunk further and into the waters blue mouth. 

   two days before his eighteenth birthday, he had watched his mother die. she- like his father had finally returned to the sea. they were together at last. 

(a/n; too soon ?)