kerouac ⚓

the floor became polychromatic beneath his feet

   the floor became polychromatic beneath his feet. duke shrilling from the bedroom- admittedly not far from the living room- or the kitchen for that matter. the islands sickness made its way inside, the isles tears splashing into living room. 

   jimin out of courtesy had given the man a blanket. his dainty physique now swaddled beneath the woolen material, his hazel duffel bag leaning beside him. as for his mother- she had been bundled away on the couch, appearing to the naked eye as if to be just a small lump of cherry quilt. outside, the sky was still sick with fury, the dog days of summer exchanged for a season jimin was not familiar with. he lit candles, the island could not be bothered to spare him a light. 

   a soft giggle erupted from the nameless man at the sight of the mans moony crescent eyes baring a gaze as if he had never seen fire. a ripple ran through him at the sound. he too was becoming contaminated with summers sickness. 

   he stumbled around the room setting the candles in windows and on dresser tops. the room took on an unfamiliar but somehow comforting atmosphere. the glass encased wax pieces giving the room an incandescent warm peach glow.

   finally, he poured the man a glass of lukewarm tea and carefully sat down across from him. his attention immediately settling on the clawed exterior of the now mousy brown table. the record comes to a hilt in its blue box, duke warbling off into nothingness. instead the room became saturated in the honeyed sound of his mothers breathing and the angry winds of a seasons illness. 

   'sorry,' says the table, its voice gritty with storm. jimins mouth becomes dry at the sound, he swallows and goes to work on the table, begins memorizing its infinite imperfections. 

   'my names yoongi,' the man tries again, his voice louder this time; mellifluous. 'im traveling,' he says. 'gonna travel the whole world,' jimin finds himself snickering at what seems to him such a childish statement. the man- yoongi begins to laugh as well and jimin finds himself gazing up at him through ebony eyelashes. 

   'im serious,' he says, this time his turn to find interest in the table. 'i want to be like keroauc. travel around the world, find myself. you know? all that jazz..,' he trailed off as if unsure of himself.  dark stubble and shadow eyes turned downwards. dark fringe fanning over his ghastly features. 

   'kerouac...' jimin tried, his body suddenly overcome with nerves, daring to look directly into the boy eyes. he smiled then and jimin felt nauseus, another wave of the isles flu rushed through him. 

   'whats your name?' yoongi asked then, jimins head falling away, suddenly very taken with his hands. 

'jimin,' his name said in a whisper.

'jimin, do you like stories?'

   the small boy shrugged refusing to look up at him in fear that hed see the cherry tomato flame that had decided to take refuge in jimins puffy cheeks. 

yoongi sighed as if swallowing the entirety of the ocean.

   'lets make a deal, yeah? ill tell you of my disastrous youth and in exchange- you let me stay here until the storm ends.'

   jimin gulped. he was not fond of the idea, but a certain covetous string thrummed inside him, something inside greedy for adventure. 

   jimin found himself nodding yes; red cheeks and all.

(a/n; please leave me feedback om how to write actual dialogue ,, because mine is always so cringe ,, also is this weird ?? i feel like its kind of sudden)