Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I sighed.

Leaning my head on the trucks steering wheel, I sunk my shoulders forward giving in. I was getting a headache, school was no different, why did I ever think it will be. I've been here for a week and the kids were still as mean, uptight and close minded as everyone else back home. I didn't even do anything to cause any of this but in reality I know why it's this way it's cause I'm friends with Cheryl. Nothing will change that. Ever.

I could hear the faint tinkering of the rain, begin to start. The tapes it made soothing my shattered and shameful soul. I felt tired beyond repair, it was a very long week. Glad it's Friday. My thoughts went back to where they always have been for the past week, Mr. Carter. I hadn't seen him since that afternoon when I ran through his fence. Not even when he dropped my truck off home. I wonder where he could be. Probably at his ranch or wondering aimlessly through the woods like the last time I saw him.

Closing my eyes and turning my head to the drivers side window I relaxed and just listened to the rain getting lost in my own thoughts. A pounding on my window broke me out of my reverie and gave me a bloody heart attack. I was sitting up straight staring directly at my driver side window. Gob smacked at who it was covered in rain. Mr. Carter himself. Tentatively swallowing I reach forward and unlocked my windows and opened them. “Yes can I help you?” I sounded so feeble, so shy.

His eyes bleakly staring at me, he hadn't said anything just stared. I have to admit his hair drenched like that looked fucking sexy on him. It made my stomach coil in anticipation. I had to stop with this! He wasn't appealing in any other way but looks so why the hell was I so damn turned on by him!? I ask myself this all the time. “My truck won't start, can you jump my me?”. Wait what?! Jump him --- oh right silly me his truck.....yes his truck. I was blushing I could tell and his eyebrow was rising in that spectating manor it always did. “Well, you gonna just sit there staring like a daft idiot or jump start my truck” and there he was again the asshole.

Pushing out a breath I nodded and opened the passenger door. “Hop in, wheres your truck located.” I asked him, revving the engine into start. “Down the road” he said wiping his hands on his jeans and putting the seat belt on. Pulling out to the schools parking lot entrance, I looked up and down the street. It was oddly deserted, and the rain was coming down harder. “So left or right?” I said looking over at him, our eyes connecting. He was staring at me intently, I didn't understand his look. I almost wished I did but apart of me wanted it to remain a mystery just like him.

“Right”

“Mm okay” I pulled out. He didn't seem all that rough around the edges atm. Perhaps he's willing to be civil and speak for once.

“How was your week” I glanced at him. He was staring intently out the window. I waited for a response. Five minutes went by and nothing, I puffed out and blew my bangs up, accidentally fogging my glasses a bit. “So much for trying” I murmured.